corrado vr6 - what next - login
I need to replace the corrado with a car of a similar size with 5 proper seatbelts.

I am looking for similar perforance, handling and economy (average 32pg) for around 10k.

any suggestions ?
corrado vr6 - what next - Xileno {P}
Golf R32?
corrado vr6 - what next - Happy Blue!
Scooby Imprezza Sporthatch
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
corrado vr6 - what next - storme
the corrado is irreplacable

i wish i'd bought one .......
--
www.storme.co.uk
corrado vr6 - what next - blue_haddock
Not 100% sure if it's got 5 seatbelts but how about a Pug 406 V6 Coupe?
corrado vr6 - what next - barchettaman
Seat Leon TDI 150bhp. Bit of a leftfield choice but worth a look if you can find one. Better MPG, very fast (in a different way to the Corrado), discreet, bit of a q-car and good value. Good luck whatever you choose.
corrado vr6 - what next - Pezzer
Even a Leon Cupra Sport ?
corrado vr6 - what next - Ecurie Ecosse
Here goes:

One of the last E34 M5s with the Nurburgring suspension? An E36 M3 Evolution? Mercedes C36 or C43 AMG? Alfa 156 GTA?
corrado vr6 - what next - Keith S
There seem to be quite a few Megane 225 on ebay for around the 10k mark.

Only a year old also.
corrado vr6 - what next - Xileno {P}
10K for a Megane 225? I want one!
corrado vr6 - what next - Keith S
Around 10k lol, maybe a touch more.

cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-MEGANE-RENAULT-SPORT-225-ORANG...m

cgi.ebay.co.uk/2005-RENAULT-MEGANE-SPORT-225-With-...m
corrado vr6 - what next - Nsar
Interesting thread this, in that the suggestions whilst good cars in their own ways are variants of other cars in some cases high power versions of mundane vehicles. The Corrado was a bit of a one off and I can't think of an obvious similar car available now. I had a 16v for a couple of years, good fun but awful electrical problems
corrado vr6 - what next - cumfray1
What about this, roughly the same size & comes with 5 seatbelts (well the 1.6 does) so this should have them also.

cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-S3-1-8-TURBO_W0QQitemZ45897003...m
If the link doesn't work, put this in advance search. Item number: 4589700311

There quite a few in your budget

{It was the 2 >>'s at the end of the link that was stopping it from working. Now removed. DD}
corrado vr6 - what next - login
Many thanks for the suggestions.

The S3 seems to be an obvious choice but seems expensive compared to the Seat Cupra.

The R32 would also be good but I fear it would exceed the budget although prices may drop following the mk5 version.

A V6 Alfa 157 or 156 are also on the long list.
If the S3 doesn't interest you, what about the 1.8T, I daresay it will be cheaper 2 insure also.
corrado vr6 - what next - Roger Jones
Mine's not for sale (never will be), but have you thought of a Golf Mk III VR6 (Highline if you can find one)? I've had mine from new in late 1996 -- wonderful car. It's wheels are being refurbished right now, in anticipation of at least another ten years of deeply satisfied ownership. You'll find plenty around at £5k and less -- ridiculously low prices.

A former colleague had a Corrado. It gave me claustrophobia.
corrado vr6 - what next - tr7v8
Buy somethig with a proper V6 rather than the VW apology for one. An Alfa 156 V6 would be higher spec than the equivalent VW/SEAT etc. for the same money and offer the best V6 on the market.

And before anyone argues a V6 with 15degree V angle is not a proper V6!

Jim
corrado vr6 - what next - VR6
And before anyone argues a V6 with 15degree V angle is
not a proper V6!
Jim

Hence the 'R' in VR6. (R = Reihenmotor = German for in-line)

Anyway, back to the topic - the Corrado will be hard to replace, I really cannot think of a single 'natural' successor to it.

How about a BMW 328 Coupe. I'm sure you could pick one up for around the 10k mark on a 99 plate. Similar BHP figures and still a coupe (well 3 door 3-series!)

Someone above mentioned the 406 coupe. I've always liked the look of these, but have never driven one. Good luck in your quest