Washer Jets - Hyundai Getz - JamZ
I have a problem in which the washer jets do not work. When I activate them I can hear the motor whirring a way but nothing comes out of any of them (even the rear one). For a while, they kind of half worked in that when first activated, a little squirt would come out but after that nothing. Now, they seem to be completely dead.

Oh, and before anybody says, yes I have checked that there is enough fluid in the water bottle! :-)

Does anybody have any ideas what might be wrong? Over the summer, I had quite a high proportion of washer fluid to water and I'm wondering if it's all just got a bit gunked up, having not been used much over the summer? Is that likely? If so, what's the best thing to do about it?

Many thanks for your time,

~James
Washer Jets - Armitage Shanks {p}
Try disconnecting the plastic pipe where it goes into the jet/nozzle; if you work the pump and water comes out of the pipe then you know the jet is blocked. That said, it seems odd that all three would get blocked at the same time!. If there is water in the tank and the pump is pumping the liquid must be going somewhere - any puddles under the car? If the jets are blocked they can be cleared by sucking rather than blowing, can be unpleasant but if there is something in there you aren't going to force it thru the pinhole sized jet by blowing with anything! Good luck!
Washer Jets - Chris S
I had this on my last car - algi was growing in the water bottle!
Washer Jets - SjB {P}
Washing up liquid (which I never use because of salt content) and washer fluid can both go to congealed gloop in the bottom of the washer bottle after a period of time. The bottle can therefore appear full of normal water and concentrate mix but infact the pumps are immersed in something they have no hope of shifting.

On several occasions I have had to remove washer bottles to clear this mess out.
Washer Jets - SjB {P}
I should add that two of the washer bottles I have cleaned this gungy mess out of also had filters to strain the washer liquid before it reached the pump; these simple wire mess filters needed soaking in hot (not boiling) water to clean them out.
Washer Jets - Dynamic Dave
What car? It *might* be a common problem with your make of car, and someone can advise without being so vague in their answer.
Washer Jets - JamZ
many thanks for replies so far - it is a Hyundai Getz {Duly added - DD} (guessing this wort of thing may not be covered under warranty if it is just gunked up due to me using too rich a mixture!)

~James
Washer Jets - bell boy
hi jamz im working on a amica at the moment and i think they are the same car?the pipe comes out of the bottle itself here ,disconnect the pipe here and see if you get the water through,if you do then as said its your jet (a new one at hyundai should only cost a kings ransom)so try to clear the nozzle with a pin (as already said)if this fails try a local breaker or your dealer or halfords they will all do something that fits.
If no water comes out of the pipe then you will need to jack and secure the vehicle and remove the wheel liner to get to the bottle and pump,best of luck by the way as this one is 51 plate 26,000 miles and the screws and bolts are made of chocolate and all have rounded off on this thing so far..........sorry ........good luck.
Washer Jets - Another John H
Is it possible that the -4 centigade frost last night has frozen up you nozzles?

Especially if the screenwash solution is a bit short on additive, and the car is parked outside overnight.
When it gets really cold you need very high concentrations - 50% or more.
Washer Jets - JamZ
problem solved. As I suspected, the screen wash fluid that had been in there all summer had started to congeal into a sludge at the bottom of the tank, blocking the filter. The solution I used was to siphon the fluid out as best I could (with the siphoning sucking up some of the sludge too) and repeat the process by filling with hot water a couple of times. Many thanks for all your replies - I'm just glad I managed to sort it out cheaply and relatively hassle free :-)