Landcruiser Fusebox - No FM2R

The windscreen washer isn't working (yes, it does have water).

Where on earth is the fuse ? I've found a couple of fuse boxes but neither have anything likely in them.

If anybody knows, or can look it up, I'd be grateful.

M.

p.s. and before you suggest the obvious, please refer to my forum ID.
Landcruiser Fusebox - $till $kint
Google has got me nowhere, but you might want to post over here: www.tlocuk.co.uk/forums/index.php

Thanks. I tried Google, Toyota and anything else I could think of.

I'll try that site.
Landcruiser Fusebox - Chad.R
According to the my Owner's manual the front & rear wipers and washers are all on one fuse #26. Located under the instrument panel (It's near the bonnet and fuel filler latches).

In case fuse #26, isn't obvious or apparent there should be 10 fuses - a block of 9 (3X3) and a single larger fuse above that block. #26 is 20amp, the right most in the middle row.

Good luck!

P.S Just had a look at the actual car - yep that's it.
>>the front & rear wipers and washers are all on one fuse #26

dammit.

Front wipers, rear wipers and rear washers all work. Only the windscreen and headlamp washers have ceased.

I might have known it wasn't going to be simple. One can normally hear the motor, and since I can't I'm sure that is the problem rather than dirt somewhere in the piping.

I appreciate the info.

It's as likely to be the switch as the motor. Typical cost for a replacement stalk switch is c. £100
You'd never have these problems with an Alfa Romeo.......
Landcruiser Fusebox - Xileno {P}
Try and locate the motor, there may be a bad connection.
Landcruiser Fusebox - patently
You'd never have these problems with an Alfa Romeo.......

Agreed - you tend not to notice the wash/wipe until the engine is running and at least some electrics are working ;-)
>>You'd never have these problems with an Alfa Romeo.......

Windscreen fallen off has it ?
Windscreen fallen off has it ?

Beat you to it, R.
I can't see its likely to be the switch - ok its possible, but not likely since all the other features still work.

I'll have to track down the motor and see if there is power or not. I'll check the connections and that sort of stuff.
Tracking down the motor is simple. Accessing it on the other hand....

The motor assembly is usually inside the washer bottle. Getting to the washer bottle on many cars is a far from straightforward job. No personal experience of LC washer bottles so you may have a pleasant surprise :: shrugs :: It is a rather large engine bay, but iirc it's also a pretty big engine? You may be lucky and find it's an external motor though.

Is the fuse on the switched or the constant supply? If switched then you can at least rule out a problem there with a multimeter and the assistance of she who cooks fine crisps. If the fuse is on the constant supply side then you're into the realms of diving in your washer bottle.
If the fuse is on the constant supply
side then you're into the realms of diving in your washer
bottle.

Would suggest dipping the multimeter probe in the water first. You never know.
Landcruiser Fusebox - Chad.R

>>The motor assembly is usually inside the washer bottle. Getting to the washer bottle on many cars is a far from straightforward job.

If the motor is in the washer bottle then it may not be too bad - access is fairly good.
p.s. and before you suggest the obvious, please refer to my
forum ID.

I've been trying to work that one out for a while. You mean it's as simple as "No [flippin] Manual To Read?

What a disappointment..... :-(
>>What a disappointment..... :-(

You're not the first to say that to me. 8-(

But at least you were only talking about my ID. 8-)
Landcruiser Fusebox - Xileno {P}
No

Did you ever get your new toy?

X
Looked at a bunch of Porche examples, but wasn't that impressed.

Finally decided on an SL350 or SL500. I've looked at a couple but haven't found one I like yet. Mind you, I was away for 4 weeks so that was a bit of an interruption.

Still Girlie likes them so that was a bit of a result. Just waiting for the right one. Inevitably looking at spending *loads* more money than I intended to at the start. Such is life.
>>Porche

Unintentional typo, I meant Porsche of course.
Finally decided on an SL350 or SL500.

Didn't know you had a bald patch?
Age hits hard. But if I keep my jeans pulled up it doesn't show.
Landcruiser Fusebox - David Horn
Better than my dad. He had a midlife crisis and bought a Daewoo Leganza.