Price for a clutch?? - leef
Hi Guys/Gals,

I've currently got a Renault Clio R-reg (old shape) I've had it from new, and had pretty much every part on it changed at some point, due to the fact its been involved in a couple of crashes, timing belt snapped etc.

The only major thing thats never been done is the clutch! my car has done almost 75,000 miles and the clutch is now begining feel hard, sometimes I have to press it right in a couple of times to change gear, so im thinking of getting it changed. What type of prices should I be looking at? anybody recommend anywhere to go? (I live in North Manchester). Is it a big job to do? If its a lot of money I'll wait because im thinking of changing my car in the next 6/8 months or so. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Lee
Price for a clutch?? - Xileno {P}
I would give the cable a good greasing first. See if that helps before doing the clutch.
Price for a clutch?? - turbo11
I would change the clutch cable first(about £18-doing it yourself).Like the renault 5,the Clio is notorious for clutch cable failure(stretching then breaking)problem is with right hand drive models,where the cable goes through the bulkhead.As for replacing the clutch,i would say your local independant dealer would do it for around £200 to £230.
Price for a clutch?? - Happy Blue!
Leef, if you need a garage, I have copied below a post I did a few months ago about a garage in Newton Heath.

'T D Tuning, Lonsdale Street, Manchester M40 2FT
(0161) 683 4135

Lonsdale Street is a short poorly surfaced road almost opposite Droylsden Road off Oldham Road in Newton Heath, about two miles out of the city centre. It is just past a McDonalds.

There is a father, his son who seems to be reasonably knowledgable for a youngster and a couple of others. They have a dedicated tyre bay as well as a servicing garage.'

--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Price for a clutch?? - leef
Thanks for all the replies guys. I'll get the cable checked first.

Thanks Espada, I've got a good idea of where you mean, I don't live to far away from Newton Heath, I'll check them out. Thanks for your help.

Lee

Price for a clutch?? - AngryJonny
I got this done much cheaper by sourcing the clutch myself and taking it to a garage to be fitted. Dealer wanted 300 quid to do the job. I got a clutch for 35 quid from a parts supplier and found a nice garage who fitted it for 70. Job done at a third of the cost.
----
Life is complex; it has real and imaginary parts.