Ford Fiesta Finesse stalling - marooned
I bought my new Fiesta finesse 3 months ago, after trading in my beloved KA. I have found that on one particular stretch of road where i tend to do 50mph then slow quite suddenly for roundabouts that the car stalls (sometimes usually in 3rd gear), i suppose this is a changing gear problem on my behalf, however the car doesnt judder + stop as the KA does, it coasts along with the wheel locked till i restart the engine. so sometimes i am drifting off into the verge before i can get it restarted.
Is it normal for a car to stall at 30-40mph + contine along with the wheel locked? Its terrifying! I just want to be reassured whether im just a poor driver or if there is a problem with my car.

Hope someone can help!
Ford Fiesta Finesse stalling - mfarrow
What you're getting is not the steering wheel locking up, but the power steering going because the engine's not running.

Someone will be along who knows what they're talking about shortly. In the meantime, I should imagine though that this is covered under warranty on such a new car. Get the dealer to look at it straight away.

--------------
Mike Farrow
Ford Fiesta Finesse stalling - Adam {P}
Just to echo Mike - get it to the dealer pronto.

I've had a car completely conk out and it's not nice losing all the power assisted everything at speed. Not nice at all.