Citroen C3 mystery unlocking - mare
Our 54 reg Citroen C3 SX has on three occasions in the last five days unlocked itself. First time I thought it was me, but the next two times we definitely locked it and it was definitely unlocked when we came back to it.

I have been using the remote locking on the key fob.

Two questions:

1 - has anyone else experienced this on PSA cars?
2 - is there a possible generic DIY cure, i don't know but perhaps cleaning the contacts or something. Anything in fact!

If no to 2, then back to the dealer, which i am dreading...

Thanks
Citroen C3 mystery unlocking - Xileno {P}
Surely it's still under warranty?
If so, I wouldn't fiddle around with it. You may invalidate the cover.
Citroen C3 mystery unlocking - philipt
I am presently in South Africa where everyone lives in Fort Knox. My garage or my front gates kept opening on their own, until I stopped keeping the remotes in my trouser pocket. When sitting down I pressed the buttons, unknowingly. The same happened with the car remotes. Now I carry both on a belt clip, where the buttons do not get pressed by mistake. My wife's handbag has caused the same problem occasionally. Could be?
Citroen C3 mystery unlocking - Steptoe
No answer for this problem but last night I staggered back to car (elderly MK1 MR2) after a heavy night at a local town centre hotel(i.e. 1/2 of cider + several games of chess) to find drivers door not only unlocked but ajar. As I was sober when I went in, and indeed when I came out, I can rule out forgetting to shut & lock door and hallucinations, so either the central locking threw an exceptionally violent wobbly or someone unlocked door. But why??? nothing missing, nothing damaged, no sabotage, no bombs, did they unlock to prove they could, then decided against TWOP because its non turbo....Umm

Non-plussed of Dereham, Norfolk ( not exactly car crime hot spot )
Citroen C3 mystery unlocking - L'escargot
My Focus locks and then immediately unlocks if one of the doors or the boot or the bonnet isn't shut properly. I've also known it do this when the boot liner (very thin oilcloth) was caught between the two parts of the lock mechanism ~ I assume that the boot liner was preventing the electrical contact that is necessary for satisfactory locking. However, once it's locked satisfactorily it remains locked so all of this may be irrelevant to your problem. Except that possibly it might be necessary for good electrical contact to occur in all door locks, and that you have a door in which this isn't so. Just a thought.
--
L\'escargot.
Except that possibly it might be necessary for
good electrical contact to occur in all door locks, and that
you have a door in which this isn't so. Just a
thought.
--
L\'escargot.

Thanks, that's along the lines i was thinking. It is under warranty, so once i've eliminated the obvious, and it still occurs, back to the (hopeless) dealer.

Citroen C3 mystery unlocking - ShereKhan
Has the dealer checked the wiring looms between the door and engine bay? This is a common problem on 206, 306 cars (Also PSA group).
--
306 2.0 SE Cabriolet
<< It is under
warranty, so once i've eliminated the obvious, and it still occurs,
back to the (hopeless) dealer.

If you're not happy with your present dealer why not go to another (Citroen) dealer? It might be inconvenient, but it might turn out to be worth it in the long run.
--
L\'escargot.
Citroen C3 mystery unlocking - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
On a VW if you unlock the doors but do not actually open one , they re-lock after a couple of minutes.
Handy if you accidentally press the fob as above.

Check if the Citroen is intended to do that as well.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
On a VW if you unlock the doors but do not
actually open one , they re-lock after a couple of minutes.

I think mare's car does the opposite of this!
--
L\'escargot.
I think mare's car does the opposite of this!
--
L\'escargot.

Thankfully it does, i'd hate for it to start locking itself of it's own accord.

I know what GWS means though, and yes it does re-lock itself.

Citroen C3 mystery unlocking - Ashleyg
I have a 2000 Citroen Xsara which is doing exactly the same thing. Apparently the problem is in either the wiring looms or the switches in the doors which indicate to the body computer whether the door is open or closed. If your vehicle is under warranty - dont fiddle with it yourself - if your citroen dealer is being less than helpful, go somewhere else.

The problem involves removing the door panel and relpacing either the switch or the loom, not exactly a hard job but one requiring some time and a bit of fiddling.

The driver's door is always the most likely culprit as it is the one which is opened and closed most frequently - this is where you or your dealer should start looking.

Good luck.
Sorry, i never reported back

the unlocking stopped as mysteriously as it started. i did clear out the boot in case something was upsetting the boot lock, but it's behaving itself now.

Thanks All