focus estate 1.8TDCi - ijth
Hi All

I have been offered an X-reg ford focus estate 1.8tdci for £1500. it is in excellent condition but has high mileage (150k) although all these miles have been long journeys and hard driving. it has a full ford service history (was a company car) but that stopped at 120k so it has done 35k since its last service. it had the timing belt replaced at 120k.

it seems a good deal when i look at what i could pay for a similar car, but what should i look out for? and if i go ahead, what would you recommend i get done as a matter of urgency?

thanks for any advice!

focus estate 1.8TDCi - c h a r l e s
ijth,

Are you sure this is a genuine TDCI? Is it in the original focus body or the facelifted one that came out in late 2001/2002?

The TDCI engine was never fitted into the original body - this only had the TDDI which is not a common rail engine. Some unscrupulous souls are sticking the TDCI badges on TDDI cars though.

For what to look out for, the Ford Focus Owners Club (www.ffoc.co.uk) has a dedicated Diesel section in it's forum. I'm sure you'll get tons of advice from existing Focus owners on here.

Charles
focus estate 1.8TDCi - ijth
thanks Charles - i think it's my mistake - it's a 2000/01 car so must be a tddi.

thanks for the pointer on the forum

Ian