CD Changer - Tim Allcott
I've purchased the relevant Panasonic changer to connect to the VW Gamma unit in my '97 Passat, and ordered the connection lead via Halfords ;
Does the Passat come pre wired from head unit to boot, and if so, where's the multi connector located in the boot?
As an update on the BX I've discovered the reason it doesn't go quickly is the accelarator mounting bracket is bent (common problem apparently) after it's fixed tomorrow I'll see if I can reach a speed camera triggering velocity.
Brake pads being changed too, so should stop as well.
CD Changer & Citroen BX Problems - David Lacey
Yep, that brings back a memory - the throttle pedal bracket on my '88 DTR Turbo fractured causing a lack of full throttle action (poor performance ensued) - I wonder how many others are like it?

Sorry, no experience of the Passat.

David
Re: CD Changer & Citroen BX Problems - David W
David,

Fractured pedal brackets are common on the BX.

David
Re: CD Changer & Citroen BX Problems - ladas are slow
i wonder if that why my mother BX 16TRS is always slow, but does this problem cover automatics ???
Re: CD Changer & Citroen BX Problems - Graham
Bulkhead split @ throttle pedal on my old R19 TD, the split must of started small as performance dropped off so slowly I didn't notice, found out when I was down replacing *another* throttle cable, thought it was my birthday when I fixed it !!!
Re: CD Changer & Citroen BX Problems - Tim Allcott
Yes, it does cover autos as well (mine is one)
Have a look in the footwell at the point where the accelarator pivots you may see 'stretch' marks in the metal, or even a crack, as a result the pedal doesn't have full play so limited performance.Develops over time...
Re: CD Changer - David W
Tim,

Is your lead on order at one of these "Ripspeed in Halfords" stores?

When you collect it I bet you'll get the "would you just like to hear this new in-car system sir"?

They are fullly trained on turning the volume up 'till there is a sort of zizz from all the bikes in the next dept.

Note: Question mark inside or outside of the quotes??

David
Re: CD Changer - ian (cape town)
Inside David.
If the quote is inside another sentence (as yours is) then only ? and ! stay inside. Were it a sentence ending in a full stop, it would be outside, thus:
When you collect it I bet you'll get the "we have inserted this new in-car system sir".
Thanks Ian,

Be it sorting the car or filling in the gaps from an odd minute of lapsed concentration at School.....it's all here.

David
Re: CD Changer - Mark (Brazil)
Inside. You are not asking a question, you are quoting one.
Thanks Mark. I put it inside first and then thought "that looks odd". Then I moved it outside and that looked odd as well.

Do you ever get that thing with spelling that a word you've known how to spell for 30yrs suddenly looks wrong?

David
Re: CD Changer - Dan J
I had to resort to a spell checker last year when my brain crashed and couldn't remember whether forty was spelt with a u or not. Amazing when that happens sometimes, especially with quite "normal" words!

Dan
Re: CD Changer - Ronnie Courtney
David W wrote:
>
> Thanks Mark. I put it inside first and then thought "that
> looks odd". Then I moved it outside and that looked odd as
> well.
>
> Do you ever get that thing with spelling that a word you've
> known how to spell for 30yrs suddenly looks wrong?

David

All the time and especially with present participles, particularly words like "ageing" relative, say, to "raging" - and "arcing" - to remain in context!

The associated problem is never remembering commonly used telephone numbers because they're all in the telephone's memory, not yours. However, I can still remember our home telephone number from the 1940s. Useful or what?

Regards, and many thanks for your ongoing contributions - always thoughtful, thought-provoking, and to the point - if not as short as Steve G's!

Ronnie
Re: CD Changer - Tim Allcott
Agree with ? in, not out... no, an ordinary Halfords.
and no, I don't want a complete new system : I don't spend long enough in the car to appreciate it, apart from 1500 miles in France each year.
If anyone's got a Passat with a changer in, where's it mounted? that might give me a clue as to where to look for the plug.
I've a nasty feeling its going to be a 'carpets up' throughout the car job...
Re: CD Changer - JohnM
They are mounted behind the cover between the nearside rear lights and rear wheel...