Need to remove 'car sick'!!!!! - Jes
Help,

Back in August during our trip to the South of France, my daughter was sick in the car. I thought I'd managed to clean it up, but noticed at the weekend (during a hoovering stint) that there is still evidence of the event.

The car is a new avensis with the black cloth interior. There is no smell, but a number of 'cream' marks that look terrible and no doubt remind her of the ordeal.

Any ideas on how I car get rid of these without resorting to taking the car in for a valet.....

TIA
Need to remove 'car sick'!!!!! - Happy Blue!
Use a soft brush with warm soapy water. I have a dustpan and brush set where the brush has long soft bristles and builds up a great lather. You will need to cover a big area - bigger than the stains to avoid a watermark in one patch.

Then dry with towels using a dabbing action not rubbing. Drive around with windows open (when not raining) as well.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Need to remove 'car sick'!!!!! - David Horn
Drop into Halfords and get a can of squirty stuff with a brush attached to it. Spray, scrub, wait, and hoover out. Gets rids of loads of stains. Has a yellow brush, think it's called "Car Upholstory Cleaner". (no, I can't spell upholstry.)
Need to remove 'car sick'!!!!! - Altea Ego
And a can of Neutradol
Need to remove 'car sick'!!!!! - Victorbox
I've removed loads of sick & nappy residue over the years from my cars (and the house upholstery /carpets) with Groom by Ambersil - get a can in Halfords. Allow foam to really soak in and use plenty of warm water to wipe off. Either use a damp cloth or gently use a soft(er) nail brush. Apple aroma is usually sufficient to mask any remaining smell as well!
Need to remove 'car sick'!!!!! - Jes
Excellent..... thanks to all for responding... Just gotta wait till the weekend to start.....
Need to remove 'car sick'!!!!! - Vansboy
Best ask around locally, friends with a George or Henry vac, with wet n dry feature.

You really want to extract the area affected, rather than just cleaning the surface.

If you're anywhere near me, just ask!! (Herts/Beds)

VB
Need to remove 'car sick'!!!!! - rtj70
Wonder if the same carpet/upholstery cleaners you can hire called Rug Doctor would be any use in a car. They're about £13 for 24 hours hire from places like Focus and Morrisons. Excellent around the hose.
Need to remove 'car sick'!!!!! - rtj70
I meant around the "house". The £13 figure does not include detergent. Different for carpets than it is for upholstery.
Need to remove 'car sick'!!!!! - Stuartli
I very strongly second RF's suggestion of Neutradol once you have got rid of the problem - it's the original (as far as I know) and still the best despite the Dettol, Oust and other similar products that have recently come on the market.

However, SWMBO doesn't like the smell of the original Neutradol and always insists on one of the sweeter smelling alternatives from the company being used.

It's also excellent for helping to keep air conditioning systems in good order - spray the interior of the car and then run the a/c on recirculating mode for about five minutes.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Need to remove 'car sick'!!!!! - Chris M
They work as well in the car as they do in the home. Did mine last week.

Chris M
Cleaning yuk stuff off car seats - Nsar
My daughter vomited in a friend's brand new car yesterday. I am suitably mortified and obviously the decent thing would be a short walk in the woods with a Luger, but before I do, does anyone have sure fire solution? We've done all the usual mopping and Febrezing.

Moved to existing discussion. DD
I now realise that this subject was covered very recently and in my defence I did a forum search before posting....I'm not having a good week am I?
Cleaning yuk stuff off car seats - Adam {P}
My sister was sick in my car a while ago. All I can say is, I'm glad I've got cream coloured seats.

--
Adam
Cleaning yuk stuff off car seats - $till $kint
Metallic pooh* brown car and sick coloured seats?

Bet you're quite a hit with the ladies.

(* quite a poorly dog)
Cleaning yuk stuff off car seats - Collos25
Any deep stains will come of with carb cleaner as this is carbontetrochloride(dry cleaning fluid)
Cleaning yuk stuff off car seats - oldgit
Any deep stains will come of with carb cleaner as this
is carbontetrochloride(dry cleaning fluid)

I very much doubt it. Carbon Tetrachloride was banned for public use many moons ago because of its carcinogenicity. There are however several other Chloro and Fluoro-Chloro hydrocarbons which are safer for such purposes.
(This is your chemist speaking!)
Cleaning yuk stuff off car seats - Adam {P}
It's funny $$ but they're not all that happy with vomit stained/coloured seats.

Go figure.
--
Adam
Cleaning yuk stuff off car seats - Stonk
"I'm not having a good week am I?"

Oh I dunno. It could have been your car ;)
If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.
Ok, so signatures don't really work here!!

-------------
If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.
Cleaning yuk stuff off car seats - oldgit
My daughter vomited in a friend's brand new car yesterday. I
am suitably mortified and obviously the decent thing would be a
short walk in the woods with a Luger, but before I
do, does anyone have sure fire solution? We've done all the
usual mopping and Febrezing.
Moved to existing discussion. DD

Indeed!! what make of car was it that she took exception too and caused such a violent reaction.

I know that there are some makes of car that I don't like, but really, I would not want to vomit in them. May be she's been watching too much 'Little Britain'?

An Audi of course - she perhaps did it in solidarity with her father who has come to loathe the brand, as anyone who has read my recent sagas will know.
Cleaning yuk stuff off car seats - patently
Victorbox (above) had the right idea:
plenty of warm water to wipe off.

Followed by a washing with plenty of water, a quick scrub with some water, then wash down with plenty of water. Finally, rinse it with a good flush of water.

Ideally, the passenger will have been sick onto some mats that you can take out for a really good rinse (with ... oh .. you get the message). The fluid gets into the fabric or the carpet, and if you wash the surface then all will seem good but it will diffuse back from the inside and the smell returns. Keep flushing and the deeper stuff will get mobile and come out.

And, before anyone asks how I know, guess what little Miss Patently did on her first outing (aged 2) in the new 911?
Cleaning yuk stuff off car seats - PhilW
Have you tried that carpet cleaning stuff - 1001 I think? Long time since the dog did various things in the car and in the house (well, it was very ill, poor old thing - the dog not car) but 1001 worked wonders on both (and the dog)
Cleaning yuk stuff off car seats - Clean_Image
>>I very much doubt it. Carbon Tetrachloride was banned for public
>>use many moons ago because of its carcinogenicity. There are
>>however several other Chloro and Fluoro-Chloro hydrocarbons
>>which are safer for such purposes.
>>(This is your chemist speaking!)

You could be right, although, just because a product is banned, doesn't mean that it isn't available! I don't trust the chemical industry!

We use brake cleaner, which I'm certain is the same as carb cleaner and dry cleaning fluid... we were also told not to get it on our skin!

However, while such products are pretty good on fats and oils, detergents work far better on substances like vomit and urine.

Flushing an area with water can just spread the substance and while any of the substance remains, it will provide a breading ground for bacteria which causes the smell. This is why it is best to use an extractor (wet vac) to remove the vomit - but the only sure fire way I know of to remove the smell is to use enzymes.
This might sound strange but I swear by Halfords Heavy Duty Carpet cleaner and a nail brush then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Worked on my Audi a treat. It even cleaned the headlining on an older car which came up as good as new. Just do a test somewhere first but it works very well on all fabric surfaces for me. I've yet to use it on a carpet!!
Cleaning yuk stuff off car seats - Vansboy
Almost forgot this stuff!!
www.luckykazoo.com/media/2005/03/cillit-bang-remix...l

Sound turned on!!

& the other ad, there, with Mr Winner, IS motor related!!

VB