Bravo Bugatti - thallium81
Bugatti have got the tree huggers in a froth by building the worlds fastest, most expensive and most polluting sports car. With a top speed of 253MPH and a selling price of £700,000. The 'Veyron' is in production and has around 40 0rders. A spokesman for friends of the earth was crying into his organic water about climate change and gas guzzlers. The fact that only a few hundred of the cars will ever be sold and that their contribution to atmospheric pollution will be unmeasurably small does'nt occur to such people. The few cars that are sold will give pleasure to the owners and will have no effect on the rest of us. So, bravo Bugatti. 0 to 62MPH in 2.5 seconds; naughty but nice.
Bravo Bugatti - Clanger
About time too ...
Hawkeye
-----------------------------
Stranger in a strange land
Bravo Bugatti - Tomo
Good news, for a change.

Thanks.
Bravo Bugatti - v8man
It is a nice car but my £9k Kawasaki ZX12r can hit 100mph in that time. Well 2.8 secs to be precise.
That's not to say that I wouldn't have a Bugatti if my piggy bank was larger!
--
\"Nothing less than 8 cylinders will do\"
Bravo Bugatti - Pugugly {P}
PLenty of photos and a drive in CAR this month, which, by the way seems to be getting better under Mr Barlow.
Bravo Bugatti - Chad.R
I know that bikes can be fast - but 2.8s for 0-100mph sounds fast.
Bravo Bugatti - Marky Mark
0-100 in 2.8 secs! Crikey! How do hang on under that sort of acceleration?

MM
Bravo Bugatti - J Bonington Jagworth
I think he means 0-60. Still pretty quick, though...
Bravo Bugatti - school boy
Bike names are difficult and seems like they have two .
Is yours a hyabusa - is that how you spell it - because that does over 200mph. That would enough for me!
Schoolboy
Bravo Bugatti - codefarm
>>>Bugatti have got the tree huggers in a froth by building the worlds fastest, most expensive and most polluting sports car.<<<

That alone is reason enough for them to do it!

Bravo Bugatti - THe Growler
Marvellous stuff!

Now leave SUV's alone.

Stop Global Whining now.
Bravo Bugatti - turbo11
doubt they will sell a few hundred.cant see the point myself.ugliest looking thing on wheels.
0 to 62 mph in 2.5 seconds
212 mph, and still one gear to go, according to CAR !!! (Georg Kacher, another golden oldie of the mag)
Bravo Bugatti - school boy
Where would you be able to go that fast or I hope the brakes are good!
212 mph was attained legally (on an Autobahn) in Germany.
"212 mph was attained .. on an Autobahn"

IIRC, they would have gone faster, but had to keep slowing down for the 155mph limited traffic, which at nearly 60mph slower proved a bit of an obstacle! :-)
"I hope the brakes are good"

They are, I gather. It has an air-brake as well, if you're doing more than about 130, which both adds drag and downforce to the rear wheels, so they can apply more braking effort - neat.

George Kacher's review was a very good read. Lots of info, my favourite being that at the usual rev-limiter maximum (for lesser vehicles) of 155mph, the Bug still has over 700hp in hand. Woo-hoo!
"my favourite.."

More than one, really. The other is the fuel consumption at full chat, which came out at 2.8mpg*! Not surprising when you realise that two thirds of the energy released does not reach the wheels, but has to be dissipated as heat, i.e. 1000hp through the radiators (all four of them) and 1000hp as hot gas, via the turbos and out through the exhaust.

*Or a gallon every 40 seconds.

That should work the tree-huggers up into a nice froth... :-)
Bravo Bugatti - Altea Ego
SO they finally got this one out then after all the problems and the sacked test drivers after a trail of wreckage......

I like em quick, just for the sake of being quick and because they can, but this one I think is a widow maker.
Bravo Bugatti - Orson {P}
It's very beautiful indeed. A showroom in Berlin has one parked in the window, along with a Flying Spur and other Bentleys. It looks very nice indeed...

No touching/sitting allowed though...

O
--
Jaguar XJS V12 - comes with free personalised oil tanker.
Bravo Bugatti - Sofa Spud
I'm a bit of a tree hugger but I think the Veyron is a beautiful car, a work of art even. It is just a toy, both serious and ridiculous at the same time. But above all it is a bit of self-indulgence by VW, who own Bugatti.

Actors crave recognition from their peers, as do rock stars and sports stars. Car manufacturers are the same. The Veyron thumbs its little horse-shoe nose at Mercedes, Ferrari, Porsche and even those other VW-owned supercar makers, Lamborghini and Bentley.

However, in the real world the days of the EEV (excessively excessive vehicle), whether it be a Hummer or a Lambo, are numbered. When the Maybach super-luxury car was under development a 1000 bhp V24 version was envisaged, using two Mercedes V12's in tandem. It never came to pass, mercifully!

Cheers, Sofa Spud

I knew it reminded me of something!

Wouldn't a Veyron make a perfect weekend car for Smart owners?
I'd have matching red/black or blue/black for both.

cheers, Sofa Spud
Apologies for keeping this thread going single handed, but...

Urgent! Before you order your Veyron:

I'm just studying the photos of the Veyron in the latest issue of Car magazine. It might exceed 250 mph, accelerate from 0-60 in 2.5 seconds and cost the best part of £1 million, but the designers seem to have forgotten something;

Where does the front number plate go? The Veyron is a road car, after all. Since it can't go in the middle because of the grille, do you fix it to one side, Alfa Romeo style? It doesn't look like there's room for that either, and the 'bumper' section is curved anyway.

In any case, the offset 'trade-plate' look shouts 'Alfa Romeo' these days, and people might mistake it for an Alfa. How about a stick-on reg. no like E-type Jaguars used to have? Err...no!
Square 2-line plate clumsliy overlapping side grille? Maybe!

Cheers, Sofa Spud

Bravo Bugatti - Adam {P}
I reckon you culd get away with mounting it JUST under the grille if the screws were at the top of the plate. Other than that, it would have to be the side. The top of the grille it too high. I'm pretty sure the 156 curves around as does the plate but I'm not certain.
--
Adam
Bravo Bugatti - colinh
Don't think you will be seeing many on the road, so front number-plates are probably irrelevant. There'll be straight into heated garages and collections (apart from the odd one on Ebay!).
Has a seven-speed DSG box to four-wheel drive, by the way.
"Since it can't go in the middle because of the grille"

That doesn't seem to stop RX-8 owners putting their plates right across the air intake, which is a lot smaller than the Bug's. I've often wondered if it causes problems - it certainly spoils the appearance...
"using two Mercedes V12's in tandem"

From an idea by...
aeroflt.users.netlink.co.uk/profile/d335spec.htm
Bravo Bugatti - Tomo
If you have a little bit of time.....

# Go to www.bugatti-cars.de
# Choose "English".
# Along the top, click on "Models"
# Choose "Veyron 16.4"
# Choose "Engineering"
# Choose "Engine"
# Along the bottom, choose "Legends from 1001 HP"
# Click on video segments 1 through 7 in sequence. You may have to click the play button (small arrow) to get them to play initially.

Don't be dismayed at a black screen at first, just wait.
Bravo Bugatti - cheddar
A ZX12R (and R1, GSXR1000, ZX10R, Fireblade, F4/1000 etc) will do 60 in just over three seconds and will reach 100 in five seconds, F1 territory, reckon the Veyron will be slower than a superbike to 100 though will pull ahead over 130 ish.

Bravo Bugatti - Adam {P}
That's why I love being on the back of my Dad's Gixxer :-)
Reminds me - I must renew my LGV entitlement so I can get a nice Formula 1 style car transporter with lots of internal padding so I can take the Veyron out for a drive!

Cheers, SS