What Tyres for the Civic - helicopter
I have got to the stage of needing to replace the Civic Tyres fairly soon.

The tyre size is 195/60/R15 88H and I can replace the existing Bridgestone Potenzas supplied with the car for £57 a corner all inclusive of VAT balance , valve etc.

However there are a number of cheaper tyres around and I wondered what the team think of the following cheaper brands .

Nokian which I can obtain at £49 a corner.

Jupiter at £40 a corner.

Woosung available from Just Tyres at Just £29 a corner.

Most of these seem to be Korean or Chinese origin but any feedback on your experiences of these brands would be of interest.

What Tyres for the Civic - cheddar
Haven't heard of any of them accordingly wouldnt go near them, Hancook is a well respect Korean brand, should be good value as should Mabor (spelling) that IIRC are made by Continental.

£57 for Bridgestones sounds OK to me, I paid £90 each for four Potenzas in 205/50/70 a year ago, at the time the best premium brand price I could get though they have not lasted as well as the previous Contis, the fronts are near to needing changing after 17k, the Contis lasted 25k.

What Tyres for the Civic - Rover25
I have never heard of Nokian or Jupiter tyres and as Cheddar says I would avoid them. I fitted Uniroyal Tyres to my Civic recently and have been satisfied with them. If you're anywhere near Preston give Jewel Tyres a try.
What Tyres for the Civic - turbo11
i would go for the Bridgestones.Had problems with cheap tyres in the past.
What Tyres for the Civic - adverse camber
the autoexpress tyre survey was out recently (last 2 or 3 weeks?)- Im sure someone posted a link - try searching.

vredstein came out top.
What Tyres for the Civic - helicopter
Thanks for your thoughts - On reflection I have decided that the best and safest bet is to buy the Bridgestones .
What Tyres for the Civic - Colonel Panic
The tyre tests usually show that 'expensive' often means money spent on Branding, advertising and sponsorship and not ernest tyre development.
--
Sorry for any typos Im very long sited