Renault Megane Central Locking - iain c
Hi,

No local Renault dealers have been able to help with this really simple question - hope some of you guys can - on the latest shape Megane (or I guess Scenic) where on earth is the Remote Locking Sensor?

The one garage that did have a stab at suggesting its location said up by the interior light on the roof console - where it was in the older models but its Not there!

Please help bacuase I suspect this is whats stopped the remote locking working on my Megane (the keys code into another one ok)...

Help!

Thanks

Iain C
Re: Renault Megane Central Locking - Mark (Brazil)
I don`t know how new is the "latest", but the one in the office which is about 18 months old has the dark, almost black, coloured nipple on the ceiling, wiote cloe to where you would expect the internal light to be.
Re: Renault Megane Central Locking - Keithb
I've no specific knowledge of the Renault but isn't the sensor adjacent to the interior light for infra-red remote controls ? Does your car have IR or radio frequency remote control ? If RF, then the receiver will probably be buried in the car somewhere. Most cars switched to RF a long time ago I believe. In any event, it's the dealer's job to know or find out these things.
Re: Renault Megane Central Locking - richard price
write to renault uk.
Re: Renault Megane Central Locking - iain c
Thank you all...

It IS RF remote (radio frequency) and Ive tried the Renault dealers buy they dont seem to know!!!