Child allowed in front seat? - Nickdm
- Does anyone know if under-12 year olds can travel in the front passenger seat of the car, in Germany? (Even with a child seat fitted and seatbelt on?)

I don't think it's allowed in France, and I'm not sure about the UK any more? I'm going on a long run up to Denmark next week and am thinking of driving overnight; my son will have more space up-front.

Thanks!
Child allowed in front seat? - martint123
driving.drive-alive.co.uk/driving-in-france.htm

Children in cars: children under 10 are not allowed in the front. In the rear they must use a proper restraint system appropriate to their weight, which means a child seat if they weigh between 9 and 15 kg. Over this weight they can use seat belts with a booster cushion.

driving.drive-alive.co.uk/driving-in-germany.htm

Children in cars: children under 12 or 1.5 metres tall are not allowed to travel unless using an appropriate restraint.

From the highway code the only restriction I can see refering to front seats is that a child up to 11 MUST wear a seatbet or child restraint whereas in the rear the must only be worn IF AVAILABLE. So my brothers camper with no seatbelts would not be able to carry <12 in the front, but could in the rear.
Child allowed in front seat? - martint123
Odd swear filter??

{Now been sorted. DD}
Child allowed in front seat? - Civic8
Never allowed this myself,whether its law or not.Too risky
--
Steve
Child allowed in front seat? - Hawesy1982
"Children in cars: children under 12 or 1.5 metres tall are not allowed to travel unless using an appropriate restraint."

What about adults under 1.5 metres tall (5')?