Corsa 2002 - dash dials 'losing power' - Baz100
I've got a 2002 1.2 SXi Corsa (still under warranty). This morning whilst driving to work it appeared I lost all power to the speedometer, rev counter, petrol gauge etc. This happened at least 10 times, but only for 2 seconds or so at most before they would return to 'normal'. Nothing else appeared to be affected - not lights, not radio.

Any ideas whats wrong? A fuse somewhere perhaps? The battery?
Corsa 2002 - dash dials 'losing power' - elekie&a/c doctor
This is a known fault on these Corsas.The multi pin plug on the back of the instrument pod becomes loose.The gauges & warnimg lights become erratic & also if this happens when you try to start the car it can cause a non start condition.
Corsa 2002 - dash dials 'losing power' - Number_Cruncher
Indeed, I vaguely remember hearing about a bulletin which involved securing the wiring and connector behind the instrument cluster.

Number_Cruncher

Corsa 2002 - dash dials 'losing power' - No FM2R
>>it can cause a non start condition.

What a classic phrase ! I shall have to remember that one.
Corsa 2002 - dash dials 'losing power' - Railroad.
Just push gently on the instrument panel to get you out of trouble for the short term.
Corsa 2002 - dash dials 'losing power' - kenny34123
If you remove the dash. There is a multiplug. Try fit packing under it so as to make it sit closer the the dash.I superglued some cut cable ties in place to the rear of it.It will then make a better contact
Ken
Corsa 2002 - dash dials 'losing power' - Dynamic Dave
If you remove the dash.

I *think* Ken means the instrument panel.
Corsa 2002 - dash dials 'losing power' - james1
Hi,

I own a 04 plate corsa, I to suffered with this problem and Vx replaced the whole instrument panel and touchwood i havent had this problem again. If it is under warranty i would pop it down to the dealer.
Corsa 2002 - dash dials 'losing power' - pinky_786
it happened today to my corsa 2001 iv taken it to the garage, any ideas on how much it will cost? the speedometer stopped working.
Corsa 2002 - dash dials 'losing power' - slowdown avenue
happend to me 2004 corsa , just the once, switched it off, started up again, 2 months later no prob.
Corsa 2002 - dash dials 'losing power' - piuzzo_steve
Same here. My girlfriend rang me up at about 1am one Saturday night (well...morning) and said that all the electrics etc on the dial had failed. I drove about 30miles to help and when I switched it on it all worked fine. To this day I wondered whether it was some kind of cruel joke...so I'm 'glad' I've seen this post.

(We sold the car a couple of months ago so I guess it's not my problem any more :-) ).
Corsa 2002 - dash dials 'losing power' - LeePower
A trip to a Vauxhall dealer & spend £12 on the moddified electrical connector block for the instrument panel will cure dodgy Corsa instrument electrics.