Citroen C3 opinion - mare
I've my Citroen C3 1.4SX for just over a month, and thought that i would post some feedback on it.

It's 54 reg.

I love:

The high seating position
The nice big buttons
The intuitive controls
The looks

I like:

The boot, which is fairly big given the size of the car
The fuel economy, which at 37mpg around town is OK. A diesel C3 would have been at least £1,000 more expensive.

I'm less pleased with:

The gearstick, which is too low
The fact that you select settings e.g. black panel with lights on and it resets itself.

All in all, it's a competant car with a bit of character and does the job i want to.

The only real negative is the dealer, they really did make the deal unnecessarily traumatic. No names and all that, but next time i shall seriously be thinking about buying through a broker or some other means rather than letting those people anywhere near my money.

That's all. Thanks
Citroen C3 opinion - machika
I am glad to see a recommendation for a Citroen for once, particularly a C3. My brother has a 1.4 HDI, which he has had for about three years, and he is delighted with it. He had never had a Citroen before and I think he was rather won over by my experience with our Xantia.
Citroen C3 opinion - Reggie
I have had a C3 for two and a half years and have had no problems with it at all.........except that recently it has started clicking from the B pillar area, which is annoying more than problematic. It only does it on poor road surfaces. Apparently the cure is to drop the roof lining and squirt in expanding foam into the channels.

This apart though and it has been a great town car, but is also capable of long distance journeys in reasonable comfort too.

To be critical.
Slight excess of road noise at speed.
Handling is adequate, but not as good as it could be.

To praise it.
Fuel consumption never drops below 52 mpg. and it has acheived 65 mpg.
Very nippy considering the economy.
Comfortable with good vision.

Reggie