Peugout 406 cat converter vibrations - Ranking Roger
I have recently had a new catalytic converter fitted to my Peugout 406 2.0 HDI estate and immediately on driving off noticed that there was a lot of vibration at 2 - 2 500rpm affecting the trim, pedals, rear view mirror goes blurred etc. The exhaust company couldn't find an obvious solution so ordered and fitted another cat - but I still have exactly the same problem. I have just had the car looked at my by my local Peugout dealer - they looked at the exhaust system and couldnt see any contact with the car body. They are suggesting there may be a resonance set up in the cat which is transferring to the car and recommended having the genuine Peugout part fitted at 3 times the cost of the current part.

Anyone heard of this sort of problem and any suggestions as to how it might be overcome short of changing to the Peugout part?

Peugout 406 cat converter vibrations - Aprilia
Having spent (or mis-spent) my youth fitting exhausts, brake linings, clutches and generally getting all the rubbish jobs in the workshop, I would say check the rubber hangers very carefully. It is amazing how a 'tight' hanger will transfer vibration into the bodyshell.

Make sure all hangers are present and correct, and all under equal tension. The system should 'float' nicely and be easily displaced in each direction.
Peugout 406 cat converter vibrations - Chris500
I recently had exactly the same problem on my 406 HDI estate,after having the downpipe and cat replaced with a pattern part.After spending hours underneath bending the front bracket to try and stop the vibration,the only fix was to remove the bracket completly(2 bolts).The exhaust seems secure without it and the vibration coming through the floor and gearstick has gone.
Peugout 406 cat converter vibrations - Ranking Roger
Many thanks for the reply - I'll follow that up.

Roger