1998 - Central Locking - aliswan
My Dad has a 1998 Ford Mondeo and has a problem with the central locking in so much as the front passenger door will not lock when using the remote. He can only lock the passenger door by physically using the key in the lock - this then locks all of the other doors as expected. If he disconnects the multi plug on the front passenger door locking mechanism, all the doors except the front passenger door will lock OK with the remote. With it connected the doors lock and then immediately unlock when operating with the remote. He has tried replacing the motor but this hasn't fixed the problem. Any ideas please?

{amended to make use of drop down menus that previosuly weren't in operation when the post was first penned}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 08/07/2008 at 11:20

Ford Mondeo 1998 Central Locking - Adam {P}
Try the door catch itself.

I had a similar problem on my Focus - turned out to be this.
--
Adam
Ford Mondeo 1998 Central Locking - elekie&a/c doctor
If the motor/latch assy has been replaced with a new unit & the fault is still present,then i would assume there is a fault in the wiring to the n/s/f door,possibly a broken wire somewhere.Unless the system "sees" an all door lock condition,it will unlock.
Ford Mondeo 1998 Central Locking - aliswan
Thank you for the above replies - I have passed them on. Problem unfortunately proving tricky to resolve - a wiring diagram would be useful but haven't been able to source one yet.
Ford Mondeo 1998 Central Locking - Galaxy
The wiring diagram will be in the appropriate Haynes manual.

Alternatively, it's on the Ford Technical CD; you can buy a copy of one of these for a couple of pounds on e-bay.
Ford Mondeo 1998 Central Locking - mondeodan
Interesting - I've got the exact same problem with the passenger door locking on my '98 LX. Tried disconnecting battery etc to try and reset it, to no avail. Possibly a weak point on these cars?
Ford Mondeo 1998 Central Locking - NARU
I recommend www.fordmondeo.org/ and www.mirez.co.uk/AlarmProbs.htm
Ford Mondeo 1998 Central Locking - Adam {P}
Have you eliminated the door catch itself?
--
Adam
Ford Mondeo 1998 Central Locking - aliswan
Thank you all for the messages/advice. The door catch is fine - the problem seems to be electrical. The wiring diagram in the Haynes manual isn't very comprehensive, so my Dad is going to explore some of the other avenues mentioned above. Once again, many thanks.
Ford Mondeo 1998 Central Locking - Roald
I have a 94 Mondeo, where the central locking has not been working for a while. Yesterday I was determined to find the error. Result:
There was a join of 3 wires (powersupply Orange coming from Fuse25, Orange/Blue going to the right front CL unit, and Orange/Black going to the left CL unit, page 12*53 in my Haynes manual) that was defect. This join is in my car (steering wheel on left side) located under the floor-mat under front part of the passenger seat (right side of the car). Not sure if the harness system is identical for UK-cars...
Apparently some moisture had been working with this join, now it was only some copper rust left.
As it is difficult to find this join (I needed to take out the seat), you could check the following first:
Check Fuse25.
Take off the plug at the CL unit on the affected door and check there is 12V supply between the Orange/Blue and the Black cables. (Use a testlamp, not a voltmeter as a bad connection might still feed enough current to make the voltmeter return a rather high reading). If you have good voltage there the join should be fine. If not, and the fuse is OK, I suggest you check out the join...

Good luck!