Vauxhall Vectra ECU throttle sensor - bunter
Hi all unlucky Vauxhall vectra owners!
I have a 1998 2.0 dtl diesel estate which suffers from an intermittant ecu fault - which quite often happens at 70 mph on the motorway! Randomly the ecu light comes on and revs die to 1000 rpm -the car slows rappidly as it is obviously impossible to drive like this.By getting onto the hard shoulder stopping and turning engine off for a minute before restarting where by the fault has cleared.I have had the computer red on several occasions and the fault is always stored as throttle position sensor even though on digital readout the pedal seems to work fine.
This car has suffered from all the usual faults with this model i.e. injector seals and mass air flow sensor but when enquiring about a new throttle position sensor from the local vauxhall dealership they say they have never supplied one before!
Can anybody please help me before I shell out the £270 for a new sensor

Cheers
Vauxhall Vectra ECU throttle sensor - Dynamic Dave
That fault sounds familiar with another members Vectra here.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=10729

With the eventual diagnosis here:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=10...7

Please note, that the link mentioned in the latter thread ( www.leicestermotorfactors.co.uk )doesn't appear to work anymore.
Vauxhall Vectra ECU throttle sensor - Archie
Leicester Motor Factors now trade as LMF-Vauxhall. Steve Crook gives an excellent service, easily the best Vauxhall online parts supplier.

www.lmfvauxhall.com

{Thanks for that Archie. I've changed the original link mentioned in the other thread over to this one. DD}
Vauxhall Vectra ECU throttle sensor - Victorbox
The years must be going by fast when a Vauxhall parts supplier lists no catalogue parts for the Cavalier! Ho Hum. Back to Autovaux and Vauxhall Heritage.