PCP help - 1000k4
My partner has a PCP on her Daewoo. I've worked out that after 31 months she will have paid half and can walk away. As this is the option we wish to pursue:
1) Do we just turn up at the original dealer, hand over the keys and walk away?
2) If the original dealer no longer exists what do we do?
3) How will two small scratches on the right rear wheel arch affect the handback? Should we get them repaired?

Since I've never had a PCP I'm unsure of the exact procedures involved. Previously my partner just renewed her plan (as the dealers would like you to do).

1000k4
PCP help - blue_haddock
1) No - They were supplying dealer but they are not the finance provider, it is the finance company you need to speak to.
2) So point number 1
3) The car should be in a suitable condition for age and mileage, the scratches may be chargeable depending on how big and noticeable they are. You would be best getting chipsaway or similar to remove them as the finance compnay will probably charge you a lot more for the repair.

What you need to do is speak to the finance company and they will talk you through the process. They may arrange collection of the vehicle or may wish you to drive it to an auction somewhere.
PCP help - 1000k4
Thanks for that. I can see the finance company using any excuse to make a quick buck so I think we'll have to repair the scratches.
PCP help - daveyjp
If you are handing back under a PCP scheme the finance company should send you a comprehensive pack detailing the sort of damage they accept as being normal wear and tear. Mercedes provided us with tapes and other measuring devices so any damage could be assessed by us as whether it was acceptable. Our smart had the usual stone chips to the front, the odd chip on the windscreen and the rear plastic cabrio window was scratched. I spent half a day giving a good clean and polish inside and out and the car was accepted without a problem. Give the scracthed a T cut and polish before spending money.