How much longer... - top turkey
Interested to know what people think about the longevity of my current car.

VX Vectra SXi W Reg, 62k on the clock and do an annual mileage of around 24k. Use it to commute on free flowing motorways and as a family wagon for days out on the weekend. A VX dealer services it every 6 months (as I do 10k in this time) and I really look after it and keep it clean and tidy.

I'm currently waiting for a ROSPA exam date to come through, so I drive it safely, within speed limits but always maintain 'good progress' where appropriate.

I'm hoping to keep it for as long as possible (i.e. until the maintenance bills start getting out of hand), but would be interested to know how long others thought my fine vehicle had left to go.....

;-)

Cheers.
--
Top Turkey - the fastest hands in Brum
How much longer... - blue_haddock
I'd say you should be able to get another 3 or 4 years out of it before the big bills start to roll in. I say find a decent independant garage to do the servicing now and save yourself a few quid which you can put away for when the faults start to arise.
How much longer... - Happy Blue!
Going on from previous threads on a similar topic, I would say that your sort of driving and servicing regime is ideal for keeping the car in good order.

Agree with GN though - get it into a good independent garage, and you will save money for when you have biger bills and/or change the car.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
How much longer... - Happy Blue!
BN?

I meant BH!

Oh for an edit button - first time I've said that!
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
How much longer... - local yokel
From a cost point of view you could assess its value today, and what it would be worth in 3 years. You could then work out the likely future depreciation per year, and decide whether you'd rather have that depreciation, and the risk of an early expensive bill, or change it now, and have a more certain (but larger) figure for depreciation, but no chance of a big bill as you'd have a warranty.

Say that your Vectra is worth £2,500 to £2,800 as a trade-in today, and that in three years time it's about £750. You have a £700 annual depreciation on that basis, which is not a huge figure. You could have three years cheap motoring in a car you know has been well looked after.
How much longer... - No Do$h
BN?
I meant BH!
Oh for an edit button - first time I've said that!

Ah, but you are still breathing, the sun is still shining and the birds continue to sing. Or at least make gargling noises as the neighbours' cat gets "up close and personal" with them.

:o)