uk car discount - excellent service - Vario
Just had delivered a new Primera today. uk car discount, as seen on this web site, came up with such a good cost to change I had no option than to swap in my recently purchased two and a half year old Primera for a new one.
The process has been absolutely hassle free. The car was built to order, was ready one week earlier than expected. The car was delivered to my door on a transporter by lunchtime as promised, despite having to come from the North East of England to Surrey. The transporter driver set off at 5 am. My Part/ex was collected an hour or so later to be taken back to Manchester.
All staff at uk car discount have been reassuring, helpful and honest throughout the whole process. Everything has happened when and as they said. Just like clockwork.
Despite having spent some money I somehow feel better off.
I would not hesitate to use them again.
Don't be afraid to use them.
uk car discount - excellent service - Keith S
Is the car registered in your name Vario?

If not, how did you insure it?
The car is pre registered. I have obviously not got the V5 yet.
A registration document just shows the registered keeper. I have all the documentation from the transaction. Plus a receipt from the bank when I paid the Bankers Draft in to their account. I have enough evidence to prove beyond reasonable doubt an Insurable Interest.
I expect the V5 to turn up with my name on it effective from the date I took delivery paid for it and took title shortly.

Right,

I looked into a car from them and was told that for certain makes at least, that the car would be registered in the name of a fleet company for three months.

If you have a serious accident will you be confident that you are properly insured?
Who told you that?
uk car discount - excellent service - Ex-Moderator
>>If you have a serious accident will you be confident that you are properly insured?

Your insurance is your responsibility. Somebody else may or may not pay, someone else may or may not arrang eit, but it is your responsibility to ensure that you are appropriately insured.

Waiting until you have a serious accident to find out would be a mistake.
uk car discount - excellent service - expat
The answer is to write to the insurance company explaining the situation and attaching photocopies of all the paperwork. That way they know exactly what the situation is and they can then tell you (hopefully in writing) that it is all ok or not and what to do if there is a problem. Obviously the best time to do this is before you get the car but at least you should do it now to limit any possible problem.
I am away on holiday now for a week. When I get back to work (at one of the largest insurers in the UK),if I get time, I will see if our Head of Motor Underwriting will allow me to write up a few notes.
Can't promise anything.
uk car discount - excellent service - Ex-Moderator
I don't understand the issue here.

You have an insurable interest, the V5 *MUST* be in your name since you are the keeper, and there's no fraud or breach of Ts&Cs.

Why the sudden worry ?
Agree there is no issue on my part and my circumstances.

I was just going to make a point, that the V5 does not prove legal ownership. The registered keeper is the person liable for licencing the vehicle and the person the police and other authorities would direct any enquires, eg parking offences etc.

As I am the legal owner and now the keeper and responsible for keeping the car licenced the V5 has to t/f to my name.
There have been 3 new cars in my household and every time the V5 has arrived a day or so before delivery in the correct name.

Have you got the V5 Vario? Are you 100% sure its in your name?

I was told by the company themselves that certain makes (Renault) are registered in the name of a fleet company for three months and the V5 held by them during this time. This was last October. Maybe things are different now?

I was going to buy the car until this glitch, because the service was good, they take credit cards for deposit, and the price was excellent.

In the end I went elsewhere on net and paid £1000 more for my car - for which I got the V5 immednaitely and in my name.