AUDI A3 1.8T Service overdue...69k - silentme
Hi

Ok well got a Audi A3, forgot about the service. and its now at 69k with the service as i remember due at 65k.

I dont think I will take this into the Audi dealers. If anyone can recommend a very good mechanic in East London/Essex then that would be great, otherwise I have spoke to a Mobile Mechanic to do the work.

Ok well i cant really remember, but if anyone knows or works for audi or knows about a3's i need to know exactly i need to do for the service to be done.

The List:

Sparks - I dont know what brand...Denso? NGK or Bosch
Air Filter - Genuine or OEM from third party?
Oil Filter - Genuine or OEM from third party?
Timing Belt - Genuine or one from 3rd party or only Genuine?
Fuel Filter - Genuine or OEM from third party?
Spark Plug Leads - Genuine or OEM from third party?
Distributer - Genuine or OEM from third party?

Ok well that list is poor, basiclly, is there anything that I have mentioned above that does not need changing, and is there anything i have MISSED off the list...?

The reason I asked Genuine or 3rd Party is because you can get stuff like Mann or Fram parts OEM parts, and i just need to know if they are as good, and if there are parts i should stick to very importantly as Genuine i.e. is it best to keep belt Genuine?

Thanks all..
AUDI A3 1.8T Service overdue...69k - Dynamic Dave
Oil Filter - Genuine or OEM from third party?

Everything you wanted to know about filters, but were afraid to ask....

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=26116
AUDI A3 1.8T Service overdue...69k - MW
Go to Euro Car Parts. Their stuff is either original quality or similar. I have used them for 6 years, and have found them to be first class and literally a fraction of daeler prices. See www.eurocarparts.com . Their catalogue is very good.