Citroen ZX Tyre wear - Ian H
Hi,

I have excessive wear on the front tyres of my citroen ZX 1.9 TD. All four tyres were replaced after 110,000 miles last August, and have since done 10,000 miles. The tread on the passenger side tyre has almost completly worn down on the inside. On the drivers side the tread has worn right down on both edges (not in the centre). My local citroen garage are currently too busy to help me!

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks,

Ian H
Re: Citroen ZX Tyre wear - Andy Bairsto
Your tracking is out.may I suggest you take it to a good tyre dealer with computer tracking sysrem,if you do not have it done you will go throw tyres no end.
Re: Citroen ZX Tyre wear - Mark (Brazil)
I think its God's revenge for daring to get 110,000 miles out of the last lot !!

In addition to Andy's comment, I assume that your tyre pressures are ok and that you've not thumped a kerb or something ?
Re: Citroen ZX Tyre wear - Andy P
What brand of tyres are they?

Andy
Re: Citroen ZX Tyre wear - David W
Ian,

The wear on both outer edges of your o/s tyre would usually be under-inflation. The wear on the inside of the n/s tyre would often be tracking.

The combination is a little odd. However I would first look at the track rod ends and check the lower front wishbones, they frequently have wear at the inner bushes.

You didn't really get 110,000 miles from one set of tyres???

David