Remote Locking - toyota rav4 - weller
Has anyone had trouble unlocking their car with the remote key fob? The other evening I could not open my Toyota RAV4, had to call the RAC, the driver who came said that there is a problem with RAV4s. He opened the car by the key and set off the alarm, but when the engine was started the alarm did not start after it had reset. On his advice I took the car to the main agent, who said after one hour of tests (for which they charged nothing) that there is nothing wrong. There has been some talk of phone mast signals causing this sort of problem, has anyone else had similar problems?
Remote Locking - SjB {P}
Has anyone had trouble unlocking their car with the remote key
fob?

Yes, discussed here before if you have a look with the Forum Search, and yes you are likely on the right lines.

There are three bays at my local supermarket where the remote control on my previous car wouldn't work if I parked there. They are in close proximity to a cell phone array, FM transmitter, emergency services transmitter, and large metal walled building, the combination of any of which is likely to be the cause.