Tyres for my Ford Ka - frazerjp
Hi all! My Ford Ka needs 2 new front tyres very soon including the tracking that needs looking at. The originals are believed to be Continental Eco Contacts, is it advisable to stick to the Continentals or go for a budget brand of tyre?

Ive read somewhere that you should stick to the OE brand because they the best for the design of the vehicle, is this true or is it for advertisment?

If i should go for budget tyres what do i look for in terms of spec & value for money?

Everybodys comments are welcome! :)

--
Its not what you drive, its how you drive it! :-)
Tyres for my Ford Ka - smoke
When i had my Ka i stuck Firestones on the front, I had Goodyears as OE on there. I would shop around and get a good make with the same speed rating as the OE. I would not go for budget for two reasons. 1) I have had cars where handling has been severely affected by budgets especially in cold weather. and 2) For the size of tyre on the Ka, the price difference between budget and big name tyres is very little, and so worth the extra 5/10 quid a tyre.
Tyres for my Ford Ka - tyro
I'm interested that you got Continentals. When I got my new Ka in September 2003, it came with Klebers.

For what it's worth, when the front tyres went, I replaced them with Michelin Energy.
Tyres for my Ford Ka - Obsolete
I find the Ka has rather more road noise than I would like. Will the choice of tyre make a difference to this and is there a brand/type that will give the least noise?
Hi tyro, is your Ka a 'City Ka' by any chance? as iv noticed those with alloys has Kieber tyres. Mine is 2001 a Y-reg 'Collection' with steel rims.
--
Hi tyro, is your Ka a 'City Ka' by any chance?

Nope, it's a basic, bottom of the range, ordinary Ka.
Poped into the tyre place down the road, quoted £65 each for the Continental Eco Contacts, which wont be available til Friday morning, which is the price you get when you want the proper set of rubber!
--
Poped into the tyre place down the road, quoted £65 each
for the Continental Eco Contacts, which wont be available til Friday
morning, which is the price you get when you want the
proper set of rubber!

I payed £175 for 3 (I needed a new spare) Michelin Energies (including checking the alignment)
Tyres for my Ford Ka - tyrexpert
Poped into the tyre place down the road, quoted £65 each
for the Continental Eco Contacts, which wont be available til Friday
morning, which is the price you get when you want the
proper set of rubber!

Sorry I don`t have my fitment guide handy at this time of night. I believe your size is 165/65tr13. You should be looking to pay around the following for this size. AVON £35.00 BRIDGESTONE £38.00 CONTINENTAL £39.00 FIRESTONE £34.00 GOODYEAR £38.00 MICHELIN £41.00 PIRELLI £38.00 UNIROYAL £33.00 DUNLOP £42.00 .... All fully fitted prices. I cannot understand why you have had difficulty in not finding Conti in stock as this size is one of the most popular ones. Hope this guide helps. If I am incorrect with the size let me know.....
Tyrexpert, the actual tyres im purchasing are 'Conti EcoContact3s' if thats what you like to know?
--
Tyres for my Ford Ka - tyrexpert
Tyrexpert, the actual tyres im purchasing are 'Conti EcoContact3s' if
thats what you like to know?

I got the size right as the eco3 is a t rated tyre. I hope the price guide is of some use in your negotiations............
I purchased my tyres today, the 'Conti Eco Contacts' were £50 each including all the extras it came to £125 in total, but the service was excellent though!!
--
Tyres for my Ford Ka - ihpj
I replaced them with Michelin Energy.

>>
Posh ;)

-----
Im not plain stupid, just a special kind of stoopid.