VW info and mk2 Polo Electrics - peter
The following link is an excellent reference source for wiring diagrams for all Golfs Passats Corrados.

volkswagen.msk.ru/vw_09.htm
The site is also a good source of all tech information if you can read russian!

But PLEASE can any body give me a copy wiring diagram (or link to ) for a Mk2 Polo 1050cc Feb 1982. They changed in that month to a 16 Fuse fusebox and only have the earlier manual. I have had problems of other sorts in the the past, I think it was a parts bin transition model! made when engine was changed over. I keep looking for a 'correct Haynes' manual which was published, but it never seems to appear in boot sales etc.

All I need is a scanned version of the part that shows the Ignition switch and feed to Fuses 14 15 16. I have lost power feed to wipers, fan (heater) and rear screen on daughters car and need to put on the road pronto. (Well it is on the road with a temporary direct feed from the battery via a 30A fuse direct to the fuse box, but I would like to do the job properly tomorrow, or I wont get a birthday present). If the fault clears itself, the reverse power feed may mean you cannot kill the ignition!

Thanks
Re: VW info and mk2 Polo Electrics - Rob
You may need a new ignition switch. I did with these symptoms. Try wiggling/turning the key to see if power returns.

Rob
Re: VW info and mk2 Polo Electrics - peter
Ta for suggestion, sight of the wiring diagram would allow me to confirm that it is indeed wired in the way that would make this happen.