volvo s60 t5 SE VERY camber sensitive!!! - volvos60T5SE
hi,
my volvo 03 reg' s60 T5 SE has become very camber sensitive! on a left camber it pulls to the left, and vice versa. does any one else have this problem with s60's? it maybe due to volvo not putting the sub-frame back on properly after a new gearbox was fitted????? volvo have tried laser aligning the wheels - that has helped alot - i have tried everthing - front wheels on back and vice versa, tyre pressures are fine, distance between rear and front wheels are equal. any ideas would be mostly appreciated, Thanks!!!!
volvo s60 t5 SE VERY camber sensitive!!! - Number_Cruncher
The fact that the behaviour is symmetric is interesting - it must be a change that has affected the suspension at each side of the car in the same way.

One possibility is excessive castor angle caused by the subframe being put back on too far forward? Was castor checked during the wheel alignment?, or was it just a check for toe in/out?

number_cruncher

thanks for the help! the castor angle was ok. however, i forgot to mention that the n/s fron wheel rubs on the bodywork when the steering is turned to full lock. any ideas?
thanks
volvo s60 t5 SE VERY camber sensitive!!! - pmh
Could this point to steering rack being wrongly positioned? The steering wheel then having been centered by adjusting track rod ends? Would account for pulling one way, but why both ways?

What effect would the power steering have if rack was wrongly positioned? This is bit to modern for me, but what type of power steering does it have?

Has ever been bent in a big way?

--

pmh (was peter)

thanks 4 da response - im going back to volvo on thursday to see if they say anything about the sub frame - i wil report back. Thanks