Lumpy idle on a 214 Si - Leadfoot_G
Hi guys,

I went to test-drive a 214 Si 3door last night, and for the money (£300 - bargain) it seemed pretty good. One problem, however, was that the idle was extremely lumpy, revving between 1000 and 1300rpm and generally seeming way more active than it should. Then, when I drove the car, the power delivery too was lumpy, but only on light acceleration. I was expecting hard acceleration to be like sucking minestrone thru a straw, but in fact it seemed to be fine, if a little gutless.

So, to sum up, lumpy idle and lumpy power delivery at low revs. Any ideas what might be causing this? As you can tell from the price, I want a cheap, no hassle car to last me the summer. If it's going to be a case of a flush of the fuel lines and injectors, then I can probably cope with it - if it's going to mean new injectors or anything over £100, I'd be inclined to let someone else buy it.

Another question is how long you could viably drive a car with these problems? I could probably put up with them if they aren't going to do long-term damage.

Thanks for your help with this guys,
Russell
Lumpy idle on a 214 Si - Xileno {P}
I would check for HGF, not unknown on the K series.
Lumpy idle on a 214 Si - Leadfoot_G
No other obvious signs of HGF - no mayo round the water tank/oil filler cap. I checked as far as I could because I know the K's prone to failure in that area. It was running a bit cold though, and the oil was past the maximum on the dipstick... I honestly don't know what's connected to the problem and what isn't.

Is this idling problem a normal sign of HGF?
Lumpy idle on a 214 Si - Civic8
They can run perfectly ok for a while.I would suggest you run till hot and see what happens..
Ht problems would cause it Coil dist/cap/HT leads or possibly an air leak on inlet manifold.
even Idle air control valve problem
--
Steve
Lumpy idle on a 214 Si - Civic8
Wouldnt go too much on price.Some good 95`s are selling around that..But some of the problems they have may only cost small amounts to fix..Bit of a gamble though. being so many out there.
I would wait for decent one or get something else.Not running 200 series down.I have had a few and still own one. Just be carefull..they can cost a bomb to fix
--
Steve