Ford Mondeo - bhoy wonder
I am thinking of buy a Ford Mondeo (54 plate) tdci 130 bhp. Is this a good car to buy as the discounts that you can get on them are excellent.Also any advice on the best trim level.
Ford Mondeo - cheddar
I have an '02 Ghia X TDCi 130, great car.

Zetec or above well equipped, Zetec S best looking, ST a bit OTT, Ghia X if you want 6 CD changer leather etc.
Ford Mondeo - Bob the builder
I bought a 03 130PS 6-speed Ghia TDCi from Ford Direct last June with 7K on the clock for just under £12K. Stonking motor, all the bells and whistles, more room aboard & boot space than the QEII, goes like the clappers and has delivered an AVERAGE of 45mpg over the 10 months I've had it. Only complaint is it's a bit high-geared for round town driving, but on continental motorways .........now you're talking ! You won't be diappointed.
Ford Mondeo - NARU
I went from a BMW 330d estate to a Mondeo Ghia 130 TDCi 6 speed estate. The mondeo doesn't have the handling of the BMW, but the real world performance isn't too far behind. Seats are not in the same league though.

The estate is fantastic for wine trips to France!

I've now run mine for 10.000 miles and it gets a thumbs up.
Ford Mondeo - NARU
Forgot to cover fuel - mine started at 40 mpg, but as the engine has become run-in, I'm now averaging 46mpg according to the onboard computer. I used to get 37mpg from the BMW.
Ford Mondeo - Quinny100
Been very pleased with my 02 plate TDCi Zetec - comfortable, quick and economical returning between 42 and 53mpg.

The specs on the facelifted cars are excellent from Zetec upwards - avoid the LX as the seats aren't as good, no alloys etc. The Zetec models have slightly stiffer, lower suspension which gives a firmer but nicely damped ride. The Ghia models give a smoother ride but can get a but bouncy over high speed undulations.

www.fow.co.uk have a big selection of TDCi's at reasonable prices but the dealers are always keen to shift them and will usually move on price.
Ford Mondeo - googolplex
03 Ghia Estate - 5 speed. Nothing but a pleasure to drive.
Splodgeface
Ford Mondeo - cheddar
I went from a BMW 330d estate to a Mondeo Ghia
130 TDCi 6 speed estate. The mondeo doesn't have the
handling of the BMW, but the real world performance isn't too
far behind. Seats are not in the same league though.
The estate is fantastic for wine trips to France!
I've now run mine for 10.000 miles and it gets a
thumbs up.

The Mondeo hatch and saloon have a different rear suspension set up making them sharper than the estate so would give the BMW a run for it's money.