Rover 25TD - What is this oil pipe for? - clockerharvey
Hi,
I need some advice about the Rover 25 Turbo Diesel...

I loaned one of these cars (W Reg) from my company - as I was planning to perhaps make them an offer for it - and it suffered a serious leak of an oil pipe external to the engine.

I had to get it fixed at a local garage and will have to claim back the costs from the company. I would like to know how to describe the component as I will need to justify why the car needed to be repaired "there and then" as the garage told me it was undriveable.

I have no idea what this pipe is for - pehaps the Turbocharger or oil cooler as I do not have any manuals.

See the following links for pics of the oild pipe and the new pipe in place.

Oil Oil pipe removed:
www.aocb40.dsl.pipex.com/R25_old_oil_pipe.jpg

New oil pipe in place:
www.aocb40.dsl.pipex.com/new-pipe.jpg

My driveway the morning after I parked it ...
www.aocb40.dsl.pipex.com/driveway.jpg

Thanks in advance

Steve Harvey

steveharvey [at] dsl [dot] pipex [dot] com
Rover 25TD - What is this oil pipe for? - Dynamic Dave
A power steering pipe?

::Shrugs::
Rover 25TD - What is this oil pipe for? - keo-the-dog
looks like an oil cooler pipe, do they have a cooler...cheers...keo.
Rover 25TD - What is this oil pipe for? - tr7v8
99% sure its a power steering pipe & very poorly looking at the state of it. Dab a finger in the oil on the drive if its red and translucent then its ATF and PAS fluid. I assume its not an Auto in which case it could be a transmission cooler but the pipe looks too large for that.

How far did you drive it after it failed as it won't have done the pump much good if it was far?

Jim
Rover 25TD - What is this oil pipe for? - clockerharvey
I am now convinced it is an oil cooler pipe as it goes in and out of a small finned heat-exchnager thingy next to the radiator.

see www.aocb40.dsl.pipex.com/oilpipes.jpg

Steve