Rust on Audi - Dave Andrews
i have a small bubble forming on the side door on my 1998 A6.
whats the best way to prevent this spreading. the car is a light grey metalic.

can i seal it or is it best to get the bottom of the door fullr resprayed.

thanks

dave
Rust on Audi - Roger Jones
You're unlucky, judging by my experience of Audi paintwork.

I doubt that sealing is advisable. If, like me, you don't have the skills or confidence to deal with it, take it to Chips Away (or equivalent) or a local body shop and ask them to deal with it. If the Chips Away techniques won't work on it, they should tell you. Depending on its position, you might find a scrape-out and touch-in to be a perfectly acceptable inexpensive solution. A respray probably has to be the whole panel and parts of adjacent panels, and is bound to run into hundreds of pounds because of the amount of time it takes to do it properly.

As I've said elsewhere, steer away from the insurance-greed-orientated operations; if you're greeted with someone in a suit, walk away -- you're looking for an outfit run by guys in overalls.

Don't delay.
Rust on Audi - mrbeginner
i thouhgt audi cars had a 12 year warrenty on there bodywork?worth checking out ,
Rust on Audi - Dave Andrews
im trying to find this out.

do any backroomers know the score on this one please?

its a 1998 A6 1.8TSE saloon

cheers
Rust on Audi - martint123
Usually the warranties are 'perforation' warranties where rust has come through from behind. They don't normally cover paint chips that start rusting and often inist that you treat them in time yourself.
Rust on Audi - Dynamic Dave
And these warranties only apply if the car has been inspected annually at a dealer, and any underbody coatings reapplied with fresh underseal where necessary.