A Good Insurance quote - Tom Stoddart-Scott
Have just renewed my insurance and got a good deal. I tried all the ones that people had suggested on these pages but none could get near my renewal with Direct Line. However started ringing around some of the smaller ads in the yellow pages and came up trumps.

I have found that it is best to actually talk directly to an underwriter than just somebody on telesales and couldn't recommend more Taylor Price of Newmarket. They offer very competitive quotes to those of us who are considered by the other insurance companies to be higher risk. ie younger drivers, bigger cars etc

If anybody has any comments or similar stories please comment and also an experience of a smaller insurance company rather than one of the bigger ones.
Re: A Good Insurance quote - Kevin Bayliss
A year ago went down the exact same avenues for quotes. I called 14 different insurers and ended up with quotes that ranged from £670 to £1400 for the same policy.

The best offer was also from Taylor Price.

However, their renewal offer came through last week and there has been a massive jump. Just makes the cynic in me wonder whether the first year they offer is just an enticement to be capitalised on by unquestioned renewals in subsequent years.

I've started looking again and already undercut last years best by £100.
Re: A Good Insurance quote - Giles
Please can you e-mail me the number for taylor price- wibble@gmann.f9.co.uk

Cheers,
Giles
Re: A Good Insurance quote - Mike Rollings
I went with a company called Quotebusters in 2000 and got an excellent deal. When the 2001 renewal came up, the premium had gone up from £345 to £440. Quotebusters rang around for me, and came back with a quote from a different insurer for £350. Same car, same everything. No hesitation in recommending them.