04 Mondeo TDCi Oil Filter - Delta Charlie
Help Please,
Where is it on the engine, I can't see it?
Do I have to remove a cover plate underneath, to get to it?
Great believer in regular Oil & filter changes, advice appreciated.

Thanks

DC
04 Mondeo TDCi Oil Filter - ihpj
Dunno what others might say but ...

Given that your car is an '04' and still under manufacturer's warranty, I wouldn't tinker or touch it in any way that could be construed to invalidate the warranty. i understand what you are saying about doing frequent oil/filter changes - then get them done by Ford and Ford alone since if you take it to some FastFit place and they do get it wrong, then your warranty might be invalidated.

It's always best to go back to the Manufacturer while your car is still 'new'. Just my thoughts man...
04 Mondeo TDCi Oil Filter - big davey
Hi there, the filter is a paper element type, and is underneath at the front of the engine, you will need a 36mm socket (I think)
and a large bucket for when you unscreww the filter housing. The Ford filter is £7.57 + VAT. just done one today.
cheers
Big Davey.
04 Mondeo TDCi Oil Filter - Delta Charlie
BD,
Many thanks for the reply. I get Ford/Vaux parts trade, cant believe the difference in price though. Wifes Vectra I run on Fully Synthetic which is cheaper than Ford Semi Synth!
Oil filters, well lets not go there.

R's

DC
04 Mondeo TDCi Oil Filter - henry k
If it is like the Focus you should fit a new sump PLUG.
The washer is not available as a spare -only the complete plug cost £3.88 a year or so ago.