choosing new tyres...any suggestions - steveo3002
i need a set of 4 195/50/15 tyres for my mk2 golf gti, id like a set that lasts fairly well rather than ones that offer super duper grip

ive been looking on www.mytyres.co.uk

theres alot of tyres to choose from under £40, ive used goodyears before with no problems and have a set of gsd3's on my other golf, but i havent done enough miles to see how they wear

can anyone suggest a place that reviews tyres? or whats good or bad , id prefer to use known brands unless someone can persuade me otherwise
choosing new tyres...any suggestions - ihpj
I'd maybe recommend Avon tyres? They're great on my PUG GTi. But each car behaves differently to the tyre. You might find something annoying about a make that is rated 'very highly' in a review - might be worth just scanning the VW forums/asking mates and even seeing what other MKIIs are wearing?

Else, call a number of palces and 'get advice' and go with your best judgement?
choosing new tyres...any suggestions - blue_haddock
I used to run Avons on my old 309 GTi - pretty good in wet and dry and they lasted a fair while too.
choosing new tyres...any suggestions - Stuartli
National is doing a BOGOF offer both on Avon and Barum (Continental) tyres this month:

www.national.co.uk/promotions/launchpromo.asp
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
choosing new tyres...any suggestions - Stuartli
PS

Avons work out at £32 each for your 15in tyre size (plus valves and balancing) on the BOGOF offer - I use to pay from £33 to £37 each for 14in Sava budget tyres (which included valve and balancing) in the past at Hi-Q...:-)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
choosing new tyres...any suggestions - Marc
www.tyres-online.co.uk

Try Hankooks, Ford fit them as standard to the Mondeo apparently! (see other thread)
choosing new tyres...any suggestions - VTiredeyes
continentals.
wet or dry fantastic

really, try them
choosing new tyres...any suggestions - Sofa Spud
It's important to choose circular tyres, preferably with tread and of a size that fits your wheels.

Sorry!!!!

Cheers, SS
choosing new tyres...any suggestions - Sofa Spud
After my last. silly post, here's my serious suggestion. I've always fitted Michelin by choice. I Forget what they're called -MX energy or something! They last well and handle well - don't know how they compare to 'performance' tyres, but for everyday use they're fine and don't cost a fortune.

cheers SS