Passat V6 4Motion - Blackbushe - RoyWolfey
Hello,

I'm purchasing a new vehicle via an online retailer and am considering selling my current Passat V6 4Motion at auction. It's in excellent condition except a scuffed alloy, and a stonechip on the windscreen which is unrepairable according to autoglass. I have a few of questions which I would like your opinions on.

Should I replace the windsreen before auction?
Should I refurbish the alloy before auction?
Which sale at Blackbushe should I enter it in?
What reserve price would you suggest?

The spec is as follows:

Passat 2.8 V6 4 Motion, Petrol, Manual, Indigo Blue
Full Service history 21K Miles
May 2003
Usual spec + Rear Parking sensors, front fogs and MFSW inc cruise control.
Passat V6 4Motion - Blackbushe - Altea Ego
Unless you are getting it replaced by insurance or the chip is big then dont replace the screen - you wont recover what you are paying in repair

Same with alloy

Why auction?
The Screen could be replaced on the insurance with a £50 excess. The wheel could be refurbished for a similar amount so the total investment would be around £100.

I decided the auction would be a good idea as I have advertised in the Thames Valley Auto Trader and got two or three calls a day from agencies "with buyers waiting to view my car", which became quite tedious.

Could ebay be a better proposition for a private sale?

Passat V6 4Motion - Blackbushe - cheddar
Saloon or estate? Is the spare a full size alloy or a space saver?
Cheddar, It's a Saloon. Full size alloy as a spare.
Passat V6 4Motion - Blackbushe - Sprice
There was a back roomer recentish that was wanting to buy a 4 motion, though might have been the estate model. Try Ebay, chances are theres someone who is after exactly what you got.
So you have four good alloys however if it is only £50 to refurb the scuffed one it might be worth it, likewise the screen, afterall it is less than 2 years old and low mileage so if £100 makes it mint you should get your £100 back. However an estate would be much easier to sell, reckon Autotrader online would be better than e-Bay for a car like this.
Thanks for the advice. I'll give autotrader online a try.

I've been offered between £10K £11.7K as a px against a new Golf GTi at VW main dealers but decided to go with an online supplier. Would £12k be a good starting point for a private sale?
Reckon a dealer would sell for £14 / £14.5 so should have flexibility if you are buying a new GTI at nearly £20k, might be worth putting up for a bit more privately, perhaps £12750 expressing a willingness to consider offers.
Thanks for your views cheddar.