Bye Bye Micra - trade to dealer? - Round The Bend
It will soon be all change in the S household. It's time to move on my wife's 99T Micra and I was wondering what price I could expect if sold it privately and what attitude/price I could expect from a dealer if traded for a newer machine - possibly a Pug 406 coupe from main dealer.

The Micra is a 3 door "Equation" edition which means silver metallic paint/sun roof etc. It's in good condition, done 67k and has just sailed through the MOT.

As a secondary question, it is not far off the next service and I expect the cambelt will be due then. When trading in - do dealers care about this sort of detail? When we traded our Scenic 2 years ago, it had just been serviced and cambelted but the dealer gave us the impression that we could have saved our money and not bothered.

Bye Bye Micra - trade to dealer? - mare
Price - going off Auto Trader, there is a t reg equation at a main dealer near me going for £2,977. Part exchange price would be i guess around £2,250.

for your secondary question, these cars have cam chain not belts. Have a look at the car by car breakdown.

I wouldn't bother with servicing it, unless you decide to sell it privately.
Bye Bye Micra - trade to dealer? - mountainkat
problem is that dealers aren't really interested in trade-ins these days & tend to offer very low values. If the car is in good condition with service history etc I'd sell it private, chances are you'll get a fair bit more than the dealer trade-in
Bye Bye Micra - trade to dealer? - artful dodger {P}
6 months ago I sold privately my slightly older Micra and I could not believe I had so much interest. I advertised it in Autotrader in both the magazine and online. It went online about 3 days before the magazine came out and all I had were timewasters asking for my lowest price. On the morning the magazine came out, the phone went mad. The first person to call dropped everything and came and saw it. The best bit was he paid almost the full asking price. I could have sold the car 20 to 30 times. So get a careful valuation and then sell privately, I feel sure the slight amount of effort will be worth it. Do not forget to give it a wash, polish and vacuum the interior.