Audi 80 Cabriolet 2.6e - A few problems! - Matt
I bought this car at the weekend with a few known problems with it - if anyone has any ideas I would be hugely grateful for any advice:

1) MOST IMPORTANT PROBLEM: Passenger window does not operate at all - it did very weakly at first and now not at all, not even a noise or voltage drop acroos the system. I have checked the switches and they're fine and there doesn't appear to be a fuse for the window. I tried to take the door panel off but it's built like a tank and v.difficult to do. Thoughts?!

2) The button to operate all the windows at once works for making them go down but not up. You can hear a solenoid click when the up button is pushed so the switch works but there is no movement from any window. All the cars fuses are intact.

3) The button to pop the hood storage bin open doesn't seem to operate - the boot must be closed and handbrake on and I have tried all this but no luck at all? Again, all the fuses are intact.

4)The steering wheel is not quite straight when going straight ahead - about 5 degrees off. Is this just a simple wheel alignment?

5) Finally the when you press the Air Con button the compressor pulley doesn't begin to turn as it should - it is too cold to feel if it's working. Is there a cut out on the system for low temperatures to prevent freezing up? This may be the problem... Ideas?!

Thanks for any help - it would be very useful as would love to do the work myself. If anyone has any good advice for removing green patches from the hood that would be great too!

Cheers,

Matt
Audi 80 Cabriolet 2.6e - A few problems! - AR-CoolC
For the door glass, check the connector in the door jam.

Open the door, and there is a black rubber tube that comes from the door to the car. Inside this is the wiring loom. At the body end is a plug, pull back the rubber so that the plug is visable. Give the plug a good old shove to make sure it is fully home.

Can't help with the other questions - sorry.

(Glass-Tech)
Audi 80 Cabriolet 2.6e - A few problems! - gingerwizard
there is a couple of relays which operate the windows. the main one is a double size relay which is behind the trim to the right of the accel pedal or is behind the trim above the pedals. if you prise off the plastic cover you may find that some of the solder joints have cracked. some where close to the large relay is a normal size one as well, remove trims to find out which one is clicking.
for No 3 check the looms which run next to the boot hinges when you peel back the insulation you'll find broken wires they all do it check both sides.
get some one to check the charge in your ac system, sounds low
its easy enough to move the s/wheel as long as there is no airbag
Audi 80 Cabriolet 2.6e - A few problems! - Matt
Thanks for the advice guys - I have just tested the door connector and all seems OK. I will have a look at the relays tomorrow but I looked at them at the weekend and when I removed the one that seemed to be clicking, another one simply started clicking instead! If they click does that mean that they are broken? Are these things expensive? Thanks alot for the help...