Rectification of coolant leakage - L'escargot
How bad does a coolant leakage have to be before it warrants rectification?

The leakage on my car is not sufficient for me to notice a drop in the level in the header tank in the 4 months that I have had the car, but there is definitely an ongoing leak. I've cleaned away the pink antifreeze-coloured residue several times and it always reappears. Sometimes I can see wetness, but it is never sufficient to drip onto the garage floor. The car is still under warranty, but I know that coolant leaks at gaskets are often difficult to cure, and I wouldn't want any attempted rectification work to make the leak worse. I imagine that if the coolant had been plain water I wouldn't have spotted the leak, but dried bright pink antifreeze is a dead giveaway.
--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.
Rectification of coolant leakage - Tim Allcott
My view would be that if it is coming out of somewhere, it might get steadily worse. At the moment you can see evidence of the leak on the garage floor: How much is coming out whilst you drive that you aren't aware about? Where can you see this wetness? I suppose not having to top up the tank is a good sign.. Does your main agent have a reasonable loan car system? if so, book it in at your convenience? What make is it?
Tim{P}
Rectification of coolant leakage - Civic8
Small leaks can turn into large ones fairly rapid.As the gasket starts breaking down from the inside out..Then give way without warning.Having seen the leak I would get it repaired ASAP
--
Steve
Rectification of coolant leakage - L'escargot
Small leaks can turn into large ones fairly rapid.As the gasket
starts breaking down from the inside out..Then give way without warning.

Good point. I'll visit my local dealer.
--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.
Rectification of coolant leakage - cheddar
To concur with above views small leak could be head gasket failure if left, otherwise a hose failing at 85mph on the motorway 200 miles from home etc etc.
Rectification of coolant leakage - Sprice
Also, if the car has an under engine splash tray, this would prevent a lot of water reaching the driveway
Rectification of coolant leakage - blue_haddock
if the car is still under warranty get it booked in ASAP - it's what the warranty is there for!