drivers seat removal - mondeo mk3 - ratty
I would like to remove the seat cushion cover on a new model mondeo so that I can try to identify and remedy whatever is making it so uncomfortable to me.
A dealer has removed some plastic pegs that were sticking up but this still leaves two plastic rods that are too high and I am hoping to remove part of them.

Can anyone help me with how to get the seat cushion cover on and off. I think it will involve removing the seat - so advice on how to do that would be great too and I may be able to find the cover attachments from there.

Thanks in advance for any help.
drivers seat removal - mondeo mk3 - CG
Sorry Ratty, I don't have a solution for you - but I'm interested to see that I'm not the only one who finds the MK3 seat uncomfortable. That is a comfort!! Will be watching for a solution with interest.

CG
drivers seat removal - mondeo mk3 - mondeoman
Hi What model hve you got? I had a Zetec which had a problem with the seat lumbar area, but have now got a ghia which has great seats. Ford did some rectification work on the zetec which did help
Mondeoman, its a fairly new lx, but i have tried a ghia x as well and it gave me the same trouble. The seats have fairly flat squabs 30cm wide and then soft side bolsters, but at the join of these are longitudinal plastic rods with plastic pegs both of which protude quite a lot when a slightly heavier person sits on the seat.

A few fed-up weeks ago I took the car to trade it in for an e-class as i know that the old w124 e-class seats are comfy for me. But I was surprised to find exactly the same seat squab design as the ford with underlying rods at 30cm and plastic pegs in exactly the same places. Looked to me like the ford and merc seats had been made on the same production line.
To be more precise it was a w210 eclass rather than a w211.
drivers seat removal - mondeo mk3 - trancer
Not sure where I read it, but if I remember correctly there are a few major component manufacturers that make vehicle components for a wide range of car brands. I think there was some amazing statement to the effect of all car seats in current model cars are made by one or two factories. So its entirely possible that Mondeo and some Mercedes seats are made by the same third party factory and they might actually be sharing basic seat frame design across a wide range of vehicles.
drivers seat removal - mondeo mk3 - cheddar
Must say I have no such problems with my '02 Ghia X however when it was new the squab on the passenger seat was changed under warranty due to a fault in the leather, I saw the new squab before it was fitted so as to inspect the leather, it comes off in one with the cover fitted, the cover is not avaialble seperatley. From memory it was secured by four nuts roughly one in each corner plus the front edge of the cover clips under the seat frame. The latter has susequently come unclipped on both front seats though with no detrimental effect.

Regards.