New car deals - nrushforth
I am looking to buy a new Nissan Micra 1.4 SE Extras 5dr.

Having shopped around the best price I have found on the net is with a company I found on the internet;

They are quoting £8615 for the car (all in).
This is broken down as follows

Car - £8140
Metallic Paint - £325
Delivery - £150

The best offer from my Dealer was as follows

Trade-In of C3 1.4LX Registered Oct 2002 15,000 miles, Metallic Paint £4300

Price of New Micra £9770

I feel that I am getting a rather bad deal here.

Anyone used the website I have mentioned alternatively can anyone suggest how to negotiate a better deal?

All help/advice appreciated??
New car deals - machika
What do you think you would get if you sold the C3 privately?

Is there something you don't like about the C3?

What extras are you getting with the Nissan?
New car deals - machika
The new Micra price quote that you have been given by dealer seems to be a good one. The price from drivethedeal.com, with just metallic paint as an extra, is £10,108.66. It would be interesting to know how the price the site has quoted is so much lower.
New car deals - Ex-Moderator
I know I have a suspicious mind, but that just seemed a little too much like advertising to me.

There are sponsors who pay to advertise here, I don't want any freeloaders sneaking in.

I have removed the company name. If you wish to e-mail me and explain that you are not advertising, then I'll read your thoughts and consider putting it back.
New car deals - Ex-Moderator
I have received an e-mail from the original author. I accept his word that he was not intendng to advertise the company, however I'm not going to return the company's name - as I said before, people pay to advertise here and some of them have been loyal so I'd prefer to restrict the ability of "non-paying" companies to directly gain advantage from the forum.

However, Neal did have another valid question which he would appreciate if you could turn your mind to;

"Also I require advice on whether the deal from the local garage is a good one or not. They have now upped the trade in from £4300 to £4500 but are making no concession on the price of the New Micra."

Perhaps any general comments or suggestions about buying cars from internet brokers would also be helpful.

Thanks,

Mark.