1999 VW Golf tdi-alarm problem - Leon R
I've searched the forum back to last April & can't find anyone with a similar problem :(

My Golf's alarm has started to go off at intermittent times (I didn't even know it had one, lol!).

Having read through the forum, I've discovered that my car has just developed the common 'rear washer problem' i.e the water sprays/moves with the wiper. I'm going to check if I've now got water in my boot tomorrow morning! I was wondering if this problem could be related to the alarm going off? As I didn't know it had this alarm, I'm therefore unaware of where the sensors are!

I've had the car for over three years now with trouble free motoring, so I'm very confused as to how this has suddenly developed. Any advice or thoughts re' what I should do, would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Leon
1999 VW Golf tdi-alarm problem - JohnM{P}
Rear washer pipe comes loose, fluid leaks down inside of tailgate into the boot switch. This shorts, and sends signal that the tailgate is open. If you are driving when this happens, the screen display shows tailgate open; if it shorts at 4am in the morning, the alarm goes off and you have to go outside to unlock the car, as if you just 'plip' it, after 30 secs the alarm resets itself, and the alarm will go off again, just as you and the neighbours have just got back to sleep...

see
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=27550&...f

JohnM
1999 VW Golf tdi-alarm problem - Leon R
Thanks for that link John, I'm annoyed with myself I didn't read that one amongst the 110 pages I checked!!!

Funily enough, the rear pipe had been fixed when I got the car (staining to roof near the windscreen :( ) so looks like this is the problem.

And yes, it did waken my neighbours early in the morning,they then knocked me up to tell me my alarm was going off!

Thanks for the info ;)