Police Welfare Contribution - THe Growler
To follow Ian's tale, I have today been issued the first of my Christmas tickets in Manila. The offence was "swerved suddenly to avoid another vehicle". Said vehicle being a large bus, and me on a motorbike. The offence indicated on the ticket is "Reckless Imprudence" (500 pesos), and I was fined another 50 pesos for "Arogance" (spelt thus), because I stupidly said that if I hadn't swerved I would have been a traffic accident. Total cost about 8 quid and, sigh of relief, I kept my license, after bunging an extra hundred each to Officers Smith and Wesson respectively.

Well, makes a change from faceless letters coming through the mail and points on the license.....
Re: Police Welfare Contribution - Tomo
Yes, it's the points on the licence that's criminal.
Re: Police Welfare Contribution - Dave
Tomo wrote:
>
> Yes, it's the points on the licence that's criminal.

Amen! Without points speeding fines would be ok!

It's the ban that puts poeple out of work!

Burgulars don't lose their jobs.
Re: Police Welfare Contribution - Stuart
Dear Growler,

If you are honestly riding a motorcycle through Manila traffic (I take it you mean Manila in the Philipines) then I salute your courage (or insanity).

Regards,

Stuart.
Re: Police Welfare Contribution - THe Growler
Yes Stuart I do mean Manila in the Philippines. I also belong to the Freedom Riders Association of the Phils and the Manila Mad Dogs M/C Club (perhaps the last answers your question).
Re: Police Welfare Contribution - ian (cape town)
I take it the midday sun is no problem for you, then.
And are lunchtime club rides mandatory?
:)
Re: Police Welfare Contribution - THe Growler
Noel, Nooo--eee--ll.
Re: Police Welfare Contribution - Mark (Brazil)
Not only is there no effin Brit, there is Noel in Christmas.

Sorry.
Re: Police Welfare Contribution - ian (cape town)
'Tis the season to make Lolly, tra la la la la!
Re: Police Welfare Contribution - Tomo
This is a Cowardly assertion!