Visionplus bulbs good or not? - Andrew Petterson
I have just fitted a pair of Philips visionplus bulbs to my car, I am not sure if the 50% gain can be justified or not but they certainly are brighter and not blue which some of the more 'tacky' performance bulbs seem to be nowadays!
I would recommend them to anyone
Comments anyone?

Cheers,
Andy
Re: Visionplus bulbs good or not? - Brian
I phoned my motorcycle dealers this morning to ask if there was anything better than a 60/55 halogen available now to go in the bike, given the new bulbs that have appeared on the market over the last couple of years.
They reconned that there was nothing new that would fit.
That is a shame because only having one headlamp permanently, particularly on rural roads, the more light one can put out the better chances of survival, to put it bluntly.
The halagen is an improvement on standard specification which is only 55/50 tungsten.
I will have a look at the reflector to see if that can be changed or re-silvered or something.
Re: Visionplus bulbs good or not? - david
I have been using German made 100/80W H4 from Moto Bins (the BMW bike spares people - motobins.com) for years on my bike and it's like riding in daylight (not that you use these bulbs on public roads you realise!) they're about £7.50 each.
Re: Visionplus bulbs good or not? - Andrew Petterson
Are you sure, what type of bulb does your motorcycle have, I would telephone a shop called powerbulbs, their customer service is supposed to be excellent, find the number at www.powerbulbs.com

Andy
Re: Visionplus bulbs good or not? - Brian
Andrew
It is, according to the my dealers, an H4 P45T Cibie Flange Fitting.

I have looked at Powerbulbs website and spoken to them on the phone. as you said, they were very helpful.
The problem seems to be the flange fitting, apparently the P43 which they have in stock is a 3 lug type, but they did offer to send one out to see if I could modify it to fit.

I don't think that I have a spare at home now to hold up as an example.

I am going to ask my garage to contact them direct when I take my bike in for service at the end of the weekand see if they can sort something out between them.

Thanks for the recommendation.
Re: Visionplus bulbs good or not? - Dave N
I think you will find the 3 'tangs' are to wide to fit a bike fitting. But if you file them down a bit, you can make them fit.
Re: Visionplus bulbs good or not? - Charles
They certainly do work well but in my experience they only lasted about a year, failing within 2 days of each other.
Re: Visionplus bulbs/H7's - JohnM
Agreed! AutoExpress rated them highly in their tests - though in another article they did say that they had a lower life than normal bulbs.
They made a noticeable improvement to my 97 Passat, and at £20/pair for H7's, are cheaper than many sources of std bulbs (I found my local VW dealer the cheapest(!) for std bulbs - though on the Continent, H7's on Swiss service area were less than £8 each - ripoff Britain again...