Xantia alarm woes - doug_523i
I've had cause to remove and replace the battery several times this week, airflow are out of stock and I'm taking the battery off to charge it indoors. Each time I reset the alarm it seems to do different things, this time whenever I use the indicator the hazard warning lights come on, both green arrows on the dashboard and all indicators on the outside. Any ideas? I've closed the bonnet, got into the car, pressed the switch to the right of the steering, as I turned the ignition on, I put the code in and the car started, but with headlights and hazards on. I switched off and tried again, and then got out and locked and unlocked the doors with key fob, but the indicator problem remains. I've left the alarm disabled while this is going on, in case that's got something to do with it.
Xantia alarm woes - RichardW
The alarm goes off if the battery voltage is low - I suspect this is what is happening to yours. Get a new battery on it, and it should be OK again. Check also that the passenger foot well is not swimming in water (you might need to reach under the edge of the carpet under the passenger seat. The alarm ECU lives under there and doesn't like getting bathed.

--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
It was ok the first couple of times I changed batteries, and the one on at the moment is a good battery off my brother in laws Transit tipper. My problem is the wierd business with the indicators, when the alarm first went off I did the button and ignition sequence and the lights and hazards stopped, but the two indicator lights on the instruments stayed lit, they didn't go out until I stopped the engine and locked and unlocked the doors with the keyfob, but the hazards still come on when using the indicator stalk.
Xantia alarm woes - Rats
I would check out RichardW's advice, I had allsorts of problems with my Xantia after driving through a large flood, and the ECU under the passenger seat got flooded, cost a fair few £s to sort as well.....
It's dry around the passenger seat base, so I bought a new battery. Everything worked fine after that, the alarm reset first time with the key in the ignition and the sensor button pressed. I'll have to check it's charging though, there's a squeak when it's idling that sounds like a dry bearing so I don't know if the alternator is on it's way out as well.