Highway Insurance - any good ? - adverse camber
Hi,

Shopping for Insurance quotes the best price I am getting is from a broker with Highway Insurance - I've never heard of them, but a web search says they are one of the most profitable ins companies - does that mean they dont pay out as willingly as others ?

they are quoting much the same price as privelidge, direct line, etc but will do protected NCB and a much lower excess for the same price.

Anyone got any experiences ?

thabnks
Highway Insurance - any good ? - Ex-Moderator
>>does that mean they dont pay out as willingly as others

?

They, like all others, have a contract with you. They will pay out according to that contract. It is very rare for an insurance company not to stick to its contract and there are quite awesome penalties for that.

Of course, there are millions of drivers out there who didn't read their policy because they thought they knew what it covered and when they found out later that it did not, they just knew that was because they'd been ripped off by the mean and nasty insurance company.

Presuming that you have comprehensive cover, then look at it in this way;

AD,TPF&T will be pretty much the same across all policies.
Check the excesses and extensions. DOC, Rugs and clothing, ICE, Glass, replacement vehicles etc. etc.

If you are likely to change your car to something significantly different during the year, ask for a quote on it now. It might be a car they don't like. Ditto address, driving, cover changes.
Mark,

The problem usually is that the policy small print isnt as understandable as it might be.

Whats DOC ?

I've just bought an old style volvo v70tdi and these people say they will cover for no extra charge if I decide to upgrade the suspension which I found pleasantly surprising.

thanks

Mark
Highway Insurance - any good ? - Ex-Moderator
Driving Other Cars extension - the policyholder may also drive a vehicle not owned by him and not hired to him under a hire purchase agreement with the owners permission.

(or something like that)

>>The problem usually is that the policy small print isnt as understandable as it might be.

Perhaps that is so. But that isn't an excuse for ignoring what you are buying. That's a reason to ask further questions to find out.
Highway Insurance - any good ? - Retro
I don't want this thread pulled for slating a large firm, so all I would say is that I would not insure with Highway and I dealt with them as a broker for 18 years.

do you want to drop me an email ?

anything to the arthington.com domain drops into my inbox, so how about highway at arthington dot com ?

ta.

Mark