First service Audi A4 - Mart
Morning all

I'm considering buying a new shape Audi A4 1.9TDi so thought I'd do a bit of research into servicing etc. Had a test drive on Saturday - very nice btw - so thought i'd question the salesman. He told me the first service is at 18000 miles and then every 18000 after that and that it would cost between 500 and 600 quid.
I thought all new cars needed a 8000 ish mile first service so have just phoned the service guy at my local Audi garage.
He told me that the car tells you when it neeed servicing!! I quized him on this and was told it depends how it's driven etc and it will be somewhere between 20000 and 30000 miles. He couldn't tell me the exact cost because I didnt have the reg number of the car!! it all seems very wierd to me, unknown service mileage and costs! anyone had any experiance of this?
First service Audi A4 - wantone
When you get the car get them to change to a time/distance service then you can have it serviced every 10,000/1 year.
Dont know what all the fuss is with long life service, they tell you if you dont like that type you can have a normal service (10,000,1 year) from day 1!!Have it serviced at 5,000 they dont care! more money for them?
First service Audi A4 - bert-j
Most VAG diesels can be on fixed or variable service. Fixed services are done at 10,000 miles or 12 months. They typically cost between £100 and £200 depending on dealer location. I suspect, however, that Audi servicing is dearer than VW or Skoda despite the fact that they use the same engines. The 2 year service is more expensive because a brake fluid change is required. It depends on your driving pattern when a variable service indicator comes on. On some cars that are used for short stop/start trips the indicator can come on at 6,000 miles or less.
All the VAG diesels in our family are on fixed service intervals. Personally I think that 18,000 miles on a diesel is too much.
First service Audi A4 - daveyjp
My A2 TDi is on variable servicing. It did 23,000 miles before I had it serviced and it was still saying 3,000 miles to service (the two years was almost up, so it needed doing). Cost me £206. A friend with an A4 1.9 TDi 130 paid £250 for a similar first service. Brake fluid change is about £60.
First service Audi A4 - Halmer
My mate's just has his 55,000 mile three year old Avant A4 serviced. No repairs, just standard service items. Cost him (or his firm) £800 including cam belt and another belt. £78 an hour here in the North Midlands.