Honda Accord tyre noise - katja
I have the latest Honda Accord with the optional 17 inch alloy wheels. The car was delivered with Mitchelin Pilot 225/45/R17. I had not realised they would give so much more road noise, especially at higher speeds.After a short time I changed the tyres to Bridgestone Er 300 Touring tyres 225/45/R17. Noise levels in and around town were much improved but not at higher speeds.
Not sure to revert to the standard 15 inch alloys with 195/65 R15 or try to find a tyre they will run quieter on the 17 inch alloys than the current Bridgestones.

I have heard that Continental tyres are very quiet albeit soft and wear out quicker.
At the moment I am leaning towards going for the 15 inch tyres and although this would lose some grip should give me a quietr ride over the 17 inch wheel size.
Your comments please.
Honda Accord tyre noise - mike100
Thought the standard Accord wheel size was 16". There was an earlier post about Accord wheel sizes:

Accord - do 17" wheels mess up its ride? - Vista1100 Wed 5 Jan 05 09:55

(Sorry, I know there's a better way a including a link to another post.)
Honda Accord tyre noise - Robbie
The Tourer diesel comes with 16" wheels, as standard. I think that also applies to diesel saloons. Petrol saloons have 15" wheels.
Honda Accord tyre noise - tyrexpert
by changing to a smaller size you will definitely notice a loss of grip, and you will also notice a lot of understeer. if you are so keen to dispose of good tyres, why not try either the goodyear F1. the quietest tyre i have ever driven on, or the dunlop SP01. When the SP01 was demonstrated to me I was amazed how quiet the tyre was. You are obviously from the wealthy south to be able to afford three expensive sets of boots in such a short time...
Honda Accord tyre noise - IanJohnson
There will be more noise from the 17" wheels as not only is it a smaller sidewall but the 17 s also come with a wider tyre (our fleet manager has a saloon on 17s). Mine is a diesel on 16" Michelin Pilot Sports and there is very little noise (except concrete roads) and rarely experience understeer.
Honda Accord tyre noise - Burnout2
What can't be denied is that 16 inchers on a car as slab-sided as the Accord look plain undersized. The 17" option loses the fleet-car look and gives off some sports-saloon vibes.

Personally, I don't find the combination of 17" wheels and extremely firm damping on my 04 Civic Type-R remotely uncomfortable, and that's some statement as I do most of my miles in London and the South East. A supportive seat is far important for driver comfort than feeling the odd bump through your backside.

Yer' all soft I reckon...