getting paid for test drive - tyro
I've received (in the post) an invitation from Citroen to take a test drive. Apparently, if I accept the invitation, I'll get £15 worth of M&S vouchers. Seems like a good offer to me! I take it other Citroen owners are all getting the same? (And do other manufacturers make this sort of offer?)

Bearing in mind that I have no intention of buying a new car any time soon, which Citroen should I take for a spin?
getting paid for test drive - Sunny22
sounds a good crack... take the new C4.
getting paid for test drive - Altea Ego
"And do other manufacturers make this sort of offer"

Oh yes. The new Scenic launch was quite good, got a Renault goody bag. Had a family day out at Milbrook with Vauxhall for the new vectra.

Footballs, brolly's, clothing, games, vouchers, had loads of it in the past.
getting paid for test drive - mare
(And do other manufacturers make this
sort of offer?)

Renault gave a free day at Longleat. Drove a Scenic and a Clio, then had the rest of the day free to dodge the monkeys. And had a day out at Bowood, but it rained.

Test drove the Astra Coupe around the track at Silverstone when it was launched, that was a good day out!

Seems to be some benefit to filling cunsomer questionaires after all!!
getting paid for test drive - L'escargot
I got a Metamec quartz carriage clock for NOT test driving a Triumph something-or-other in about 1980. The dealer was so bored with people asking for a test drive just to get a free gift that they asked outright whether you were really interested in the car, and if you weren't then they gave you your chosen gift just to get rid of you! And the clock is still working!
--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.
getting paid for test drive - Aprilia
I got a Metamec quartz carriage clock for NOT test driving
a Triumph something-or-other in about 1980. The dealer was so bored
with people asking for a test drive just to get a
free gift that they asked outright whether you were really interested
in the car, and if you weren't then they gave you
your chosen gift just to get rid of you! And the
clock is still working!
--

Hey, I remember that! I got a clock and a road atlas for test driving a Triumph Acclaim. I've still got a Proton mug from when they were launched in the UK in 1989.
getting paid for test drive - machika
I would love such an invite from Citroen, how does one go about getting one (with the £15 paid I mean)?
getting paid for test drive - Sparrow
I got a £15 offer about a year ago - took a diesel 2.2 auto out. I'd asked for a 2 litre diesel manual. Dealer was not organised and gave me the nearest car he could find the keys for.
Now I might have even considered a C5, but this dealer put me off.
I'd like to know how to get another offer - or can one only have one?
getting paid for test drive - Vansboy
BEAT THIS!!!!

Mrs V & I got an invite dated April 1st,(yep, thats what we thought!!) from Land Rover, 3 years ago, to enjoy....

A weekend away at the Birmingham Hilton (sounds good, but it was just being done up, so only really used the pool) & a days PROPER off roading, in the full range of Land Rover vehicles, at Heanor Castle, all X's paid!!!

What can I say???

The location of Heanor Castle & it's grounds, are a true test for 4x4 fans, as well as being a beautiful example of English countryside.Apparently, the verrrrrrrry first Land Rovers were trialed there, after the then owner, gave them the opportunity & have done, ever since.

We were taken onto some wet n muddy areas, in astonishing machines. The drivers were factory personell, that as well as being 100% Land Rover people, they were 1001% behind the product, as well.Enthusastic, is an understatement!!

The guy that took us over the area, was a senior designer & of the 'old school' motor engineers.

We drove Defender, Discovery & Range Rover, in PROPER off road conditions, something that is rarely a possibility, in real life!!

Actually, I should say, the cars drove us - thats how you do it, it seems!! & just look at the average MPG indicator, in the stretched Range Rover - 4 miles per gallon!!!

I could go on for ages, but, won't, just THANK YOU again Land Rover!!

Now the strange bit...

Still don't know why we were invited, must have ticked in a box, on an advert sometime!!

& we're STILL waiting for a follow up call, from the local dealer, to ask how we got on, offer a car for ordinary test drive & to try & sell us one!!

Hasn't called yet!!

Like I say - BEAT THAT!!

VB
getting paid for test drive - tyro
Just to bring everyone up to date, L'esgargot got it right. The conversation between myself & Citroen dealer salesman went something like this:

tyro: (brandishing form from Citroen) Citroen UK seem desparate for me to do a test-drive

salesman: Are you planning to buy?

tyro: No (On the form, where Citroen asked when I expected to replace my car, I had written 2012!)

salesman: Right, I'll stamp your form for you.

t: do you get a lot of folk doing this?

s: yes.

For what it is worth, he wrote on the form that the car I test drove was the C4

Now I am faced with a new question. Is it honest to submit the stamped form to Citroen UK in order to get my £15 worth of M&S vouchers? (And if not, why do Citroen UK do this sort of thing?)

getting paid for test drive - keo-the-dog
maybe not honest but not really serious is it, dealer is probably getting a kick back out of it maybe an allowance for test drives which is then being used for sales cars private mileage ? ? who knows at the end of the day he says you drove the c4, you told him you had no intention of buying at present he could have told you to go away he didn't , so methinks he also gets something out of it...cheers...keo
getting paid for test drive - PhilW
Of course you could claim your £15 AND have a drive around in a C4 - what's to lose?
getting paid for test drive - AlanFC
C3 16v Hdi, What a fun drive!dont miss out!
getting paid for test drive - SpamCan61 {P}
I had much the same conversation with my local Vx dealer, I had two £10 vouchers in a year, then a day trying out the new Scenic at some stately home or another courtesy of Renault. I wonder if some database somewhere has noted I'm a company car user chooser and so worth pampering. Little do they know I take the money instead and run a 10 year old Omega :-)
Hey, I remember that! I got a clock and a road
atlas for test driving a Triumph Acclaim.

Triumph Acclaim ~ that was it! Wasn't it based on a Honda of the same era?
--
If I was offered a test drive in a big artic, then I would definitely take it up ~ on a track , of course, because I haven't got an HGV licence. Before I retired, I had a couple of laps on a test track in each of three different trucks run by my employer's test department, and it was brill. A whole new experience. Afterwards, my respect for truckers knew no bounds.
--
getting paid for test drive - Round The Bend
Acclaim was based upon the Honda Ballade or Bollard or similar.

I was sent a Montblanc biro for testing a Rover 100 (Metro) some years back. The pen lasted longer than the Rover would have.

getting paid for test drive - Avant
I think it was the last car to bear the Triumph name: it was more reliable than some as it was essentially a Honda.

They had trouble selling them in Germany as the German for Triumph Acclaim is Sieg Heil....