fold rear seat - no room for driver - tyro
There is a comment on a posting on the "Citroen C2 Diesel" thread to the effect that if you want to tumble fold the back seats, you have to put the front seat right forward - such that a 6+ footer would struggle to drive.

The same comment has been made by a journalist about the Renault Modus, and I remember discovering exactly the same thing when looking at Renaults (a Megane & a Clio) in the showroom a few years ago. (This came as a bit of a surprise, because I had no problem with a Fiesta Mk III).

Anyone else noticed this phenomenon? Is it peculiar to cars from French manufacturers?
fold rear seat - no room for driver - AR-CoolC
I have to move the seat forward on my Focus estate to fold the rear seats, but once they are in the lower position I can move the seat back again to a position (just) where I can drive, althogh it won't go fully back.

I'm 6'1"
fold rear seat - no room for driver - mare
Space is tight on the Octavia - the front seat has to come forward, although not fully.
fold rear seat - no room for driver - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
VW Passat also the same - but moving the seat up and down does help a better compromise with legroom.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
fold rear seat - no room for driver - runboy
Had a problem with my Corolla (new model), but I could just push the front seat back enough so I could drive, but it left me close to the wheel (not good for airbag deployment?) and I expect that if I left the seats in this position it would make a mark on the top of the (now folded) rear seat.
fold rear seat - no room for driver - john deacon
carnt u take the headrestraints off the back seat first? doesnt this help? or are u talking about after that has been done?