Pug fix needed but out of Warranty - corblimeyguvnar
Just got a Pug 307, 2 years old but due to a complete idiot I bought it off the warranty has been invalidated (didnt bother with the 6k service!!!), I have read on this site about the problem with the indicators, self cancelling not acting correctly etc, have noticed that this is happening with my motor, if I indicate and do a sharp right, when I straighten up the indicators have flipped themselves over to indicating left, I think this is the problem that has been fixed under warranty by Pug. Question being, despite the lack of warranty should I/can I insist that the dealer fixes this free of charge, obviously it has nothing to do with the engine so warranty invalidity should be, well invalid, do Pug have to deal with this issue?
I can live with it, cant vouch for the wife not having a panic attck when this happens to her though!
Cheers all
--
Drink Lager, Talk Piffle !
Pug fix needed but out of Warranty - Hugo {P}
For what its worth, suggest you contact Peugeot Head Office and speak to them. They may insist you get the service schedule up to date with them at your cost but then reinstate the warranty.

I had a similar problem many years ago with my sister's car. She bought a Hallmark used Citroen ZX some 6 months previous and wanted me to sell it for her.

I carefully inspected the warranty and service and found that the last service had been missed. I contacted the used car warranty dept and asked whether they would still honour this as I wanted to sell the car with the remaining warranty intact. They agreed to do this on the condition that I brought the service record up to date by getting all the service tasks done on the vehicle that should have been done to date. They did stress that they would not be held to any existing faults with the car but would stand by any that appeared later.

Even if your fault is not fixed you may get the warranty re instated. People omit services out of error all the time, your case won't be the first.

Hugo
Pug fix needed but out of Warranty - Bill Payer
For what's it worth I have exactly the same problem with my 406 (indicators flipping over). The dealer had changed the stalk twice but it's exactly the same. My wife's Clio used to do it too.
Pug fix needed but out of Warranty - Stuartli
According to various motoring forum websites Peugeot was aware of this particular problem on the 307 and was supposed to have introduced a new part.

Here's one link on the subject contributed by driving instructors (!):

www.iseekhere.com/learn2driveforum/viewtopic.php?t...3
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by